The Student Room Group

Potential Optometry Students 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hey!! OK so I'm totally new to this, however i am a mature student 25 (26 next month haha) i am applying for Optometry in Plymouth :smile: ... Has anyone applied and got an offer yet? I'm still in the process of my application.. how long does it take everyone to get a reply back? x
For clearing last year which unis had optom for clearing?
I know Bradford and Manc didn't they seem too competitive 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by charnot1997
For clearing last year which unis had optom for clearing?
I know Bradford and Manc didn't they seem too competitive 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Aston did
I've had a quick scan through this thread and I'm happy to see a few of you are considering Optometry at the University of Bradford. If any of you have any specific queries relating to our course, University or even City please do get in touch. I'm also more than happy to provide information and advice relating to the UCAS application process :smile:
Original post by University of Bradford
I've had a quick scan through this thread and I'm happy to see a few of you are considering Optometry at the University of Bradford. If any of you have any specific queries relating to our course, University or even City please do get in touch. I'm also more than happy to provide information and advice relating to the UCAS application process :smile:

Hi! I'm planning on choosing Bradford!
Do you know how the selection process works and when they'll start sending offers out for optom ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BubbleLover98
Thanks!! And no, they don't interview, I think Manchester and Hertfordshire always interview and Cardiff sometimes does! I'm hoping to get into Cardiff or Aston! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer for ARU!! I am also hoping to get an offer from Cardiff or Aston. :smile:
Have you received an offer from either of these?
Original post by NatalieDunn89
Hey!! OK so I'm totally new to this, however i am a mature student 25 (26 next month haha) i am applying for Optometry in Plymouth :smile: ... Has anyone applied and got an offer yet? I'm still in the process of my application.. how long does it take everyone to get a reply back? x

I am also applying to Plymouth for Optometry this year but haven't had an offer from them yet. I applied two weeks ago and have received an offer for ARU and an interview for Manchester.:smile:
Original post by justbilivit
Hi I just got a conditional offer from City, they're asking for 360 ucas points inc an A in bio and chem and I got ACC as AS Cs in both sciences and my predicted is AAB with an A in Chem and B in bio, do you think they'll accept me if I get my predicted or are they really strict in sticking to that offer?

Hi, in my experience they're not really strict. But obvs do try hard to get those A's!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HelenS97
I am also applying to Plymouth for Optometry this year but haven't had an offer from them yet. I applied two weeks ago and have received an offer for ARU and an interview for Manchester.:smile:

When is your interview?
When is your interview?

I have had AAB from ARU and an interview at Manchester and Hertfordshire! Scary!!
Original post by Markray120
I have had AAB from ARU and an interview at Manchester and Hertfordshire! Scary!!

Congratulations!! Which other universities have you applied to?

Manchester interviews are extremely casual so you'll be fine!
Original post by preetg97
Manchester interviews are extremely casual so you'll be fine!

I have also applied to Plymouth and Cardiff. Have had acknowledgements but no offers or anything yet. Heard Manchester was casual but have had a mock interview so am trying to prepare !! Week!
I have also applied to Plymouth and Cardiff. Have had acknowledgements but no offers or anything yet. Heard Manchester was casual but have had a mock interview so am trying to prepare !! Week!

Plymouth don't interview, and Cardiff interview people they're not 100% about (I didn't get an interview when I applied last year). Manchester interviews are literally so casual and only last around 5 minutes.
Most people who get invited to an interview at Manchester are likely to get an offer anyway so don't worry yourself over it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by preetg97
Plymouth don't interview, and Cardiff interview people they're not 100% about (I didn't get an interview when I applied last year). Manchester interviews are literally so casual and only last around 5 minutes. You'll only get asked the obvious.
Most people who get invited to an interview at Manchester are likely to get an offer anyway so don't worry yourself over it.

What questions do they ask?

I've also applied to Cardiff and Plymouth but haven't had any offers.
This is all very useful information- thanks! Am quite fancying Hertfordshire though as campus looks fab and course looks good too! We'll see!!

last year plymouth were the last for me....they gave me an offer in march and i sent off my application in october...
plymouth last year sent out all their responses in bulk...some in jan and some in march....i think it was alphabetical
Ah thank you! That's really useful to know! Also gives me time to go there!

Quick Reply

Latest