The Student Room Group

Potential Optometry Students 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lovemonkey
Who received an unconditional offer from City? Please may I ask about your AS grades and your predicted grades?

I did. 3A1B and predicted A*AA
Original post by Priya1234567
I did. 3A1B and predicted A*AA

okay thanks!
Hey guys,
I've firmed city and my insurance is Manchester but city are wanting AAA and I got ABC at AS, I really don't think that I'm going to be able to bring my C in chemistry up to an A, does anyone know people that have got in with maybe a B in chemistry??
Original post by Lovemonkey
Is there anyone who has put their firm and insurance with the same grade requirements?

Aston, Bradford and Anglia all asked for AAB. However, if I put Aston as firm they will automatically reduce it to ABB. So I put my firm as Aston - ABB and insurance as Bradford AAB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For those of you who have visited both Cardiff and City, where would you rather go and why? Thanks in advance!
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi everyone,

Just thought i'd give you a bit more information about our Optometry course at Hertfordshire University and to respond to some queries :smile:

Places are very competitive! We actually closed a day after clearing so it was really popular!

Our Optometry degree combines theory, research, science and clinical practice from year one. Across all 4 years students will focus on achieving parallel success: as a professional clinician and as a scientist. The programme integrates the pre-registration period within this 4 year masters programme, meaning that upon completion of your degree you will be a fully registered Optometrist (with the opportunity for GOC membership!). We also have a brand new simulation suite including dedicated optometry practice cubicles for everyone to use.

In terms of grades we require at least 340 UCAS points (AAB) including 2 A levels from a science subject.

Hope this helps, do let us know if you have any more questions :smile:

Best wishes,

Rosanna
University of Hertfordshire

Hi Rosanna,

I've just been looking at the website, and just wondering, upon completion, are you guaranteed entry to GOC register? Im confused about the first paragraph and the last bullet point in this

image.jpg
Hey! I'm a mature (26 year old) from Canada, I will be attending Cardiff in the fall! Any other mature students out there?
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi everyone,

Just thought i'd give you a bit more information about our Optometry course at Hertfordshire University and to respond to some queries :smile:

Places are very competitive! We actually closed a day after clearing so it was really popular!

Our Optometry degree combines theory, research, science and clinical practice from year one. Across all 4 years students will focus on achieving parallel success: as a professional clinician and as a scientist. The programme integrates the pre-registration period within this 4 year masters programme, meaning that upon completion of your degree you will be a fully registered Optometrist (with the opportunity for GOC membership!). We also have a brand new simulation suite including dedicated optometry practice cubicles for everyone to use.

In terms of grades we require at least 340 UCAS points (AAB) including 2 A levels from a science subject.

Hope this helps, do let us know if you have any more questions :smile:

Best wishes,

Rosanna
University of Hertfordshire

Hi I've firmed Hertfordshire and was wondering if it's possible to get a copy of a timetable for the semesters when exams are, hospital placements, etc? Thanks in advance :smile:
ive firmed cardiff and insured aston

anyone going to cardiff this year?
Original post by Alisahussain1
ive firmed cardiff and insured aston

anyone going to cardiff this year?

Hi, I have also firmed Cardiff and insured Aston :smile:
Original post by HelenS97
Hi, I have also firmed Cardiff and insured Aston :smile:

what are your predicted grades if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by Alisahussain1
what are your predicted grades if you dont mind me asking?

I don't mind at all. I think my predicted grades are AAA*. What have you been predicted?
Which optom unis were in clearing last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charnot1997
Which optom unis were in clearing last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bradford and to my knowledge I think Aston and manchester...
Original post by HelenS97
I don't mind at all. I think my predicted grades are AAA*. What have you been predicted?

AAA
Portsmouth are now offering the Optometry degree for September 2016 entry.

That makes a total of 8 Optometry schools in England now.
Original post by m_james
Portsmouth are now offering the Optometry degree for September 2016 entry.

That makes a total of 8 Optometry schools in England now.

Oh wow, since when? I didn't know that, will that mean it goes straight into clearing for this year?
Original post by Alishafiaz
Oh wow, since when? I didn't know that, will that mean it goes straight into clearing for this year?

I think they've only added it to UCAS recently, so people will be able to apply for September 2016 through Extra and through Clearing (if there's still spaces available).

I didn't know about it myself until I checked UCAS Search the other day. :smile:
Original post by emlulah
Hi I've firmed Hertfordshire and was wondering if it's possible to get a copy of a timetable for the semesters when exams are, hospital placements, etc? Thanks in advance :smile:

hi, will be applying for optom next year (2017 entry) and want to go herts, don't mind me asking but what did you get for your GCSEs? I got a C in English lang, will that be accepted?
hey everyone anyone firmed cardiff and done their accom?

Quick Reply

Latest