The Student Room Group

Potential Optometry Students 2016

Scroll to see replies

Do you enjoy it? How hard is the course from 1/10? How much physics is there 1/10? What did you do at a level? I want to do optometry but again its so scary because its like your future
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey I was wondering Would u still get an offer if u don't get the predicted grades they offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sumayyah101
Hey I was wondering Would u still get an offer if u don't get the predicted grades they offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi it depends on the uni and the amount of people that applied and actually got the grades.
Do Bradford interview for Optometry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No
Original post by TSR4LYF
Hey guys, I'm now a 2nd year Optom at University of Manchester :smile: Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi, could I ask how the teaching is like at Manchester? I'm just wondering as sometimes a university sounds very good, but once you go to the uni the teaching isn't as good.
Original post by skittles17
Do Bradford interview for Optometry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't interview for Optometry but they have a Applicant experience day! They will give you an offer with AAB but if you attend the experience day, they will give you another offer with ABB.
Original post by Katrina Ip
They don't interview for Optometry but they have a Applicant experience day! They will give you an offer with AAB but if you attend the experience day, they will give you another offer with ABB.

Thanks for the reply! I know it's still early but do you know when they start to give offers out? I'm a dentistry applicant so Bradford optometry is my insurance choice if all fails (I've emailed them an optometry personal statement)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what the timetable is like for first years at bradford or manchester? How often are you at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thefailurelife
Does anyone know what the timetable is like for first years at bradford or manchester? How often are you at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bradford is pretty chill it's like mornings or afternoons and if you're lucky you get a full day off a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for Bradford Optometry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For 2017 :O have you already sent your application in?
For 2017 :O have you already sent your application in?

Yep I'm a dentistry applicant so optometry was my 5th choice because you can't apply to more than 4 clinical degrees.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wow well done
Oh wow well done

Thanks! Have you sent your UCAS off yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No not yet,still writing my personal statment
No not yet,still writing my personal statment

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you :smile:
Thank you :smile:

I'm sure you'll all get offers tho bc you guys will have work experience anyway! But the most important thing I believe is to say what you've learnt rather than listing what you see and saying your key skills that you have. For example as an optometrist you need good communication and listening skills so include examples of how you've developed them e.g. Student council/form rep. And empathy is a key skill too don't forget!
(PS - I'm not just saying this to you it's just general advice for anyone really - I'm sure your ps is awesome anyway)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Again thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest