Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Fresher's week

Is fresher's week at Durham really like this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHN4QDQzvDM

If it is, I am shocked. I associated this uni with being posh? :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
I showed this to my friend who's at Durham now and he says the nightlife was sort of like this.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Posh people are still human, just like any other social class! :wink:
But I thought Durham was the pride of UK universities after Oxbridge? This video is dreadful, slutty and stupid.
Not much coming by way of comments from freshers?
This video is representative of the fresher's week of every single Durham University student.

In fact Durham don't even let you graduate until you pass the compulsory module WHP101 (Theory and Application of Whipped Cream).
(edited 9 years ago)
I think this might be Durham NC USA, not Durham UK.
Original post by _VonBeeBee
I think this might be Durham NC USA, not Durham UK.

Unfortunately I think this is Durham, England, judging from the accents.
Reply 8
This is Durham UK and defo not representative of my freshers (2014). You can go as hard or little as you want during the week. There are a LOT of events organised by your college going on all day and into the evening then people choose to go out (or not).
The video has been produced to look crazy but I can assure you the whipped cream is not standard unless you supply it yourself.
The rest of Durham is pretty standard clubbing. You do see some sights but it's a uni city after all. If you want a really good night out Newcastle is 15 mins on the train away.
I expected to see wine gatherings in the rose garden and posh outfits. This video was just dreadful, and makes Durham freshers week look just like that of any university, let alone a top 10 one.
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
Is fresher's week at Durham really like this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHN4QDQzvDM

If it is, I am shocked. I associated this uni with being posh? :confused:

The people wearing CCTV tops are promoters so obvs are behaving rowdy to get attention/encourage others. Freshers week isn't centralised, it's college specific, so this video is pretty irrelevant anyways. Just another marketing video by a company not affiliated with the university / college JCRs.

Quick Reply

Latest