The Student Room Group

Why do some couples just completely blank other people?

This happened to me earlier, I was out with a couple & a romantic interest of mine, they were friends & I this was my first time meeting up with them. When we were walking they just went ahead & left the girl who they were friends with & didn't really talk to her much although this kinda worked in my favour as I got to talk to her a fair bit one on one. However it was a bit strange as they didn't interact that much.

This also happened when I was Uni & had to live with a couple & they were all lovey dovey & hardly interacted with me, even when I tried to be friendly. Why are they like that? It's not nice.
Third-parties often represent external threats to a relationship. Although, in the case of them leaving you alone with your romantic interest, they might just have been encouraging you two to bond a little!
Original post by Calpurnia
Third-parties often represent external threats to a relationship. Although, in the case of them leaving you alone with your romantic interest, they might just have been encouraging you two to bond a little!
Possibly, although I'm not sure they know that I have a romantic interest in that girl lol.
Original post by Multitalented me
Possibly, although I'm not sure they know that I have a romantic interest in that girl lol.

Perhaps it was a set-up!
Reply 4
Can't you stop being so sensitive and ignore them back?
Reply 5
Because, being children, they're every inch as capricious, neurotic and/or self-obsessed as you are.
Reply 6
I've heard it described as a "circle of focus". When you talk to someone and just seem to click, do you ever notice how newcomers seem almost intruding on the conversation, or only care about what the speaker is saying.

It's more for meeting new people, but imo the idea works with couples too. They obviously care an awful lot for eachother, what the other thinks, and the circle means they just want to focus on themselves.

It's not snubbing others per-say. If you try to break into their conversation, or pull them out of it, they should let you. But you'll be ruining good moments for them and they'd probably rather you didn't.

Alternatively, they were just matchmaking you and the other girl, like the previous poster said.

Quick Reply

Latest