The Student Room Group

IVY LEAGUE is the deal! SAT and IB

So guys here I am trying to get into an Ivy league uni, I will be applying in 2017. I am yet to give SAT but I am aiming for a minimum of 2200. I am going to do IB which starts in FEB 2015 I think a minimum grade in IB should be a 37-38.

If you talk about Extra Curricular activities, I love IT related things- I have managed a few websites and I have 3 microsoft certifications to prove that I am a qualified Server Administrator. I am also planning on making a short film with my uncle. Taking the certifications into account I believe I can easily get to do an Internship.

I just wanted to know from you guys what you are doing to get into a great uni, and it would be nice if you can share your Extra curricular. Also suggest some extra curricular activities please.
I also wanted to share that my igcse results were horrible.
Reply 1
Cambridge >
Reply 2
Original post by twisted
Cambridge >

Is that where you want to go?
Reply 3
Original post by human10
Is that where you want to go?

I really do hope so!
Reply 4
Original post by twisted
I really do hope so!

oxbridge is harder than ivy league lad
Reply 5
Original post by human10
oxbridge is harder than ivy league lad

I'm aware of this
I'm an American, so I know a little bit about Ivy Leagues. Which ones are you trying to get into?

They get a lot of applicants so to distinguish yourself, try something that is not related to the major you would want to study. If you want to go into Computer Science, IT experience is great! The problem is, they have a lot of people with IT experience and an interest in Computer Science. An applicant with IT, Volunteer, and Theater experience is very interesting. Good luck!
I'm from the US and am looking into Computer Science as well! I live in New England (where most of the Ivies are) and I know that US schools value lots of extracurriculars. American schools like students with a wide variety of interests, especially classical music and sports. Your IT experience will be great with schools such as CalTech and Stanford! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending