The Student Room Group

SAS nails ISIS. First reports of UK combat troops now engaging with ISIS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845668/SAS-quad-bike-squads-kill-8-jihadis-day-allies-prepare-wipe-map-Daring-raids-UK-Special-Forces-leave-200-enemy-dead-just-four-weeks.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-sas-troops-riding-quad-4678493

It was first thought that they were just identifying targets (see below), but now it seems that the SAS are directly engaging and killing ISIS fighters, thus proving that UK combat troops are now directly fighting ISIS.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sas-teams-sent-syria-join-4561567

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488637/1bn-high-tech-SAS-war-chest-to-combat-ISIS-terrorists

Finally been confirmed.

The missions have taken place on a near daily basis in the past four weeks and the SAS soldiers have expended so much ammunition that regimental quartermasters have been forced to order a full replenishment of stocks of machine-gun rounds and sniper bullets.

I wish them the best of luck.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This looks really awesome, using guerilla tactics against them. Must be fun nipping across the desert on quad bikes, coming out of stealth, owning a group of savages and then quickly go back into stealth.
Reply 2
Original post by Snagprophet
This looks really awesome, using guerilla tactics against them. Must be fun nipping across the desert on quad bikes, coming out of stealth, owning a group of savages and then quickly go back into stealth.

I wish I was there with them!
Reply 3
3 posts and someone who thinks the SAS is like Call of Duty already posts... smh. Killing people is still killing people, it's not like Call of Duty where you get respawns if you die.
Reply 4
Original post by Wattsy
3 posts and someone who thinks the SAS is like Call of Duty already posts... smh. Killing people is still killing people, it's not like Call of Duty where you get respawns if you die.

Haha is that referring to me? No I don't think that at all, I don't think this is COD 4. But I do think this is a good thing.
Excellent I wish them every success and hope they inflict massive amounts of causalities.
Reply 6
Original post by Alfissti
Excellent I wish them every success and hope they inflict massive amounts of causalities.

God wills it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdE5fvX9FdA
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Alfissti

Surely you actually hope they inflict damage to ISIS as a collective rather than just rack uo a meaningless bodycount. That means cutting off the heads of the snake leaving them an unorganised rabble. There are billions of people who can point and shoot guns, there are only a few who can adequately lead a movement such as ISIS.
Reply 8
Original post by Wattsy
Surely you actually hope they inflict damage to ISIS as a collective rather than just rack uo a meaningless bodycount. That means cutting off the heads of the snake leaving them an unorganised rabble. There are billions of people who can point and shoot guns, there are only a few who can adequately lead a movement such as ISIS.

That's usually what snipers do - go for the officers. So it is safe to assume this is what the SAS is doing.
Reply 9
Original post by Wattsy

I don't think we want ISIS to respawn now do we?
this makes me feel good about paying taxes. these scum are well hard when they are murdering unarmed civilians for the camera. but they **** themselves when our lads turn up.
Original post by the bear
this makes me feel good about paying taxes. these scum are well hard when they are murdering unarmed civilians for the camera. but they **** themselves when our lads turn up.

I can never understand why people avoid paying taxes when it means we can pay the SAS to shoot the **** out of child killing savages.
Teabag those fools :cool:
Reply 13
Original post by Evening
I don't think we want ISIS to respawn now do we?

No, but that wasn't the point. I was trying to humanize killing people. It's obviously more mentally difficult than the mere action of pulling a trigger or we wouldn't have the PTSD problems we have. I hate to see this blasé attitude to loss of human life, the dehumanisation of humans by humans means these conflicts are much easier to get into in the first place.
Original post by Wattsy
No, but that wasn't the point. I was trying to humanize killing people. It's obviously more mentally difficult than the mere action of pulling a trigger or we wouldn't have the PTSD problems we have. I hate to see this blasé attitude to loss of human life, the dehumanisation of humans by humans means these conflicts are much easier to get into in the first place.

I don't think the SAS are the blasé sort of people.
Original post by Wattsy

Whilst I agree that the idea of taking military action is not something to be taken likely, and the consequences are quite literally deadly, this country and our society humanizes the enemy far too much. The IS should be wiped off the map, without any level of restraint or mercy, not just for us, but for the people they have raped and massacred and questioning ourselves and our own moral position to this level, simply gives them the time and the space to continue their rampage to the detriment of civilians in the area.
I know people don't like IS but 14 posts celebrating murder without taking into account that this is yet another example of us being lied to regarding military action I this part of the world.

We were told that British soldiers wouldn't be engaged in combat roles at the same time as the SAS were doing exactly that.
Reply 17
Original post by Wattsy

Tell that to the families of the countless beheaded victims. Humans won't change and never will. We will always be at war because power is man's opium. If you want a vision of the future imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever.

And whilst our government is equally as guilty of numerous war crimes, ask yourself this simple question: would you rather have our government in charge or be ruled by ISIS?

The point I'm making here is that killing off one tyrannical regime is the lesser of two evils.
Original post by mojojojo101
I know people don't like IS but 14 posts celebrating murder without taking into account that this is yet another example of us being lied to regarding military action I this part of the world.

We were told that British soldiers wouldn't be engaged in combat roles at the same time as the SAS were doing exactly that.

We aren't. Murder is the unlawful killing. This is lawful. We celebrate lawful killing. (well I'm having a part tonight about it anyway, and you're welcome to join)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mojojojo101

It's a necessary evil.

Despite how successful our involvement in both Afghanistan and Iraq was, for whatever reason the BBC constantly says that these wars have taken us nowhere, that these countries are in worse positions than they were previously and this has created this sense of war-weariness and this feeling that we have no real place in the world, so the people of this country would oppose any needed action against the IS. Ultimately the BBC should reassure people that the sacrifices the soldiers make have a positive outcome (which is factually correct), and that the Taliban, which was an evil organisation, has been severely weakened by our involvement which is also factually correct, rather than being this weird Fabianist mouthpiece as it currently is. Until then, do what is necessary behind the scenes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending