The Student Room Group

What do you listen to in your car?

Poll

What do you listen to in your car?

I just got my first car yesterday and I've got a copy of Now 51 in there.

I'm going to be listening to backstreet boys and s club 7. Lol.

Favourite radio station is radio two for when I get bored of this CD.

Radio? CD? Use your phone? Will be interesting to see the split...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I just listen to the radio, mostly Capital FM or Heart as I live in London.

When I bought my car, the previous owner had left their Tom Tom in the glove box, so I got free satnav, result lol! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I could afford a car, then I'd listen to Twitch streams ;_;
Reply 3
Original post by tumshie
I just listen to the radio, mostly Capital FM or Heart as I live in London.

When I bought my car, the previous owner had left their Tom Tom in the glove box, so I got free satnav, result lol! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a good local channel called jack fm that I like.

Very nice. I still need to get a satnav. Our just use my phone and get a mount for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Generally Radio 1 as background noise if it's a short journey but if I'm going between home and university I switch between Radio 1 (they have fun games!) and a mix CD I burnt which currently features Whirlwind Heat, Sara Bareilles, The Fray, Coldplay amongst others...
Usually to the sound of tyre noise from my Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8.

Don't usually turn on any music in the car as I like driving to the sound of silence :biggrin:
Original post by Alfissti
Usually to the sound of tyre noise from my Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8.

Don't usually turn on any music in the car as I like driving to the sound of silence :biggrin:

Agree with silence - there's nothing any good in our area and our car doesn't have an AUX IN.

If it had an aux in then I would use TuneIn Radio to stream any radio station I want :smile: Providing there is a 3G signal, obviously. :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by Motorbiker
I just got my first car yesterday and I've got a copy of Now 51 in there.

I'm going to be listening to backstreet boys and s club 7. Lol.

Favourite radio station is radio two for when I get bored of this CD.

Radio? CD? Use your phone? Will be interesting to see the split...

Same same :five:

I'd probably listen to anything on the radio and it's mostly pop :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by kka25
Same same :five:

I'd probably listen to anything on the radio and it's mostly pop :tongue:

You also have now 51?

Listening to Blue on the way home from Asda today. Was good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Just stuff from my phone. Got one of those Bluetooth touch screen panels. Got playlists for DnB, Dance, House, Hip Hop, and other such music. I just play whatever I'm feeling that day. I couldn't drive without my tunes
Reply 10
You also have now 51?

Listening to Blue on the way home from Asda today. Was good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't atm; will use some wizardry to get them soon!

Funny that a mate of mine has all the Nows on his CD collections! When he played the songs whilst driving with me, we were basically singing pop songs of the 90s! :colondollar:
Original post by kka25
I don't atm; will use some wizardry to get them soon!

Funny that a mate of mine has all the Nows on his CD collections! When he played the songs whilst driving with me, we were basically singing pop songs of the 90s! :colondollar:

I only have disc one and disc two had the best songs. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I only have disc one and disc two had the best songs. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are the best songs? Let me know so that I can add them on my playlist! :biggrin:
Original post by kka25
What are the best songs? Let me know so that I can add them on my playlist! :biggrin:

Had some sum 41 and backstreet boys.

Think I may listen to the local radio though for traffic alerts. Hmmm, choices...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Had some sum 41 and backstreet boys.

Think I may listen to the local radio though for traffic alerts. Hmmm, choices...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also listened to some breakfast shows or one of those daily pranks shows; the later was a good way to cheer me up during the day :smile:
Original post by spotify95
Agree with silence - there's nothing any good in our area and our car doesn't have an AUX IN.

If it had an aux in then I would use TuneIn Radio to stream any radio station I want :smile: Providing there is a 3G signal, obviously. :tongue:

Using tuneIn is a sure way to exhaust your data quota if you are in the car a lot :smile:

Personally prefer BT or USB over Aux In.
Using tuneIn is a sure way to exhaust your data quota if you are in the car a lot :smile:

Personally prefer BT or USB over Aux In.

My car has USB. Just need to take a spare cable in with me. But my phone music is boring as I listen to it all the time.

What's BT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My car has USB. Just need to take a spare cable in with me. But my phone music is boring as I listen to it all the time.

What's BT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

BlueTooth :biggrin:
BlueTooth :biggrin:

Is there any difference between BT and Aux then? Other than wired v wireless?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there any difference between BT and Aux then? Other than wired v wireless?

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the biggest difference with BT is you could control the tracks from your steering wheel controls or from the head unit, where AUX In you won't be able to.

In terms of sound quality, I find with BT the sound is crisper and no interference which you do get with some Aux cables.

Quick Reply

Latest