The Student Room Group

Revision tips

Hey Everyone,
Ive made this thread for anyone who struggles to revise and needs revision tips, so please link any websites that can help you to study,or how to study.
One of my tips is use Anki online and you can download the app on windows,apple ect. its the best tool ever ive revised loads from it.
Matswatch(maths tutorial)
Reply 2
Original post by German123
Matswatch(maths tutorial)

I love MathsWatch.
Best thing ever!

I used it yesterday, and I learned 3 new topics in two hours.
Watch the tutorial.
Practice questions at the end of the video, using mini whiteboards.
Then using a pukka pad, attempt the MathsWatch worksheet questions.
Then for extra revision, I re-attempt the question I got wrong in the past paper, to see if I can finally put my learning into the actual question.
Original post by Grade
I love MathsWatch.
Best thing ever!

I used it yesterday, and I learned 3 new topics in two hours.
Watch the tutorial.
Practice questions at the end of the video, using mini whiteboards.
Then using a pukka pad, attempt the MathsWatch worksheet questions.
Then for extra revision, I re-attempt the question I got wrong in the past paper, to see if I can finally put my learning into the actual question.

Exactly! what you have said is the key to success in maths.
Reply 4
Original post by German123
Exactly! what you have said is the key to success in maths.

They really should start advertising MathsWatch. It's very underrated.
Scrap CGP Maths Books, as they're useless, and start selling a book with the worksheets and a CD.
Original post by Maryam_13
Hey Everyone,
Ive made this thread for anyone who struggles to revise and needs revision tips, so please link any websites that can help you to study,or how to study.
One of my tips is use Anki online and you can download the app on windows,apple ect. its the best tool ever ive revised loads from it.

http://www.my-gcsescience.com/
It's just like the science version of Maths watch.
It got me a B- in Biology Core and B- in Additional Physics it's fantastic :biggrin:
I wouldn't really recommend textbooks, but thats just my opinion. I spent loads of money on spent books and they weren't really effective.
(edited 9 years ago)
hi there, i did my gcses last year so hopefully this will help :tongue:

general revision tips

english

sciences

useful websites

hope this helps and don't hesitate to quote/pm me if you have any more questions :smile:
Original post by Grade
They really should start advertising MathsWatch. It's very underrated.
Scrap CGP Maths Books, as they're useless, and start selling a book with the worksheets and a CD.

I say keep them both but make Mathswtach as popular as the CGP books as it is good and the clips have the worksheets that are attached to every clip.

Edit: Mathswatch is sure the one!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest