The Student Room Group

Can guys and girls be just friends?

Do you think it's possible, or it's just an illusion of friendship?

Scroll to see replies

'Tis possible. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I think it is true, I have friends that are boys that I get on really well with and who are great to have a chat with but I would never go out with them :smile:
Yeah, they can. You don't have to be attracted to each other all the time - just enjoy their company I guess!
It is possible, most of my friends are guys but from experience, it tends to be one likes the other or the other way around. Sometimes even both, the two best guy friends I've had I ended up going out with, and my current closest one admitted to me he's had feelings for me, and I've previously had feeling for him too. I do still think it's possible though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know. That's a fairly difficult question. Most of the time they can be one-sided friendships, with the guy wanting to sleep with the girl. And if the girl doesn't really feel the same way towards the guy, they won't really invest much time into the "friendship".
YES, for the millionth time! I have many male friends and I have never thought of them as anything else other than just friends.
My 2 best friends are girls and there's no feelings what so ever. I don't see why so many people think this is an issue when it really isn't.
Reply 9
Watch When Harry met Sally for the definitive work on this
No.
I read somewhere, its scientifically proven.
But I also found this article now:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/men-and-women-cant-be-just-friends/

"New research suggests that there may be some truth to this possibility—that we may think we’re capable of being “just friends” with members of the opposite sex, but the opportunity (or perceived opportunity) for “romance” is often lurking just around the corner, waiting to pounce at the most inopportune moment."
Yes without doubt.
Reply 12
Yes of course -_-
Of course. My best friend in RL is male and I wouldn't date him if you paid me :rofl:
yes! what a silly question! :facepalm:
Yeah I think its possible. Me and my bf were best friends before dating but around 99% of close friends I have ever had have been boys and I never once had any feelings for them so its definitely possible to just be friends with the opposite gender though yes, sometimes feelings may arise but not all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
YES, for the millionth time! I have many male friends and I have never thought of them as anything else other than just friends.

Ditto.

The majority of my friends are males (I attend groups where there are more males than females, in general) and I think of them nothing more than friends. The majority are much older than me too...
yes
Yes, guys and girls can be friends
Reply 19
Original post by Sun Rise
Do you think it's possible, or it's just an illusion of friendship?

Yes. No.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending