The Student Room Group

Building confidence / Self esteem tips?

I'm just wondering what are your ways for increasing or staying confident :smile:

I'm trying to increase my self-esteem and thinking about meditation, yoga, gym etc. I've tried to change my thinking patterns but after years of telling myself 'I'm worthless' and 'I'm ugly' it's hard to make yourself suddenly believe that 'I'm equal to everyone' and 'I'm attractive'.

So what are your methods? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I usually just read this part of the forum.
I try to have a 'glass half full approach' and be kind to myself and others. If I'm really not feeling good about myself then I do something that makes me feel good such as meeting up with friends, going for a run e.t.c.

I used to have a really low self confidence but I've put that behind me by just going for it like I've got nothing to lose and taking every opportunity as my last and I've ended up with some great experiences and achievements. :smile:
My best tips for gaining confidence is to try and not care so much. About what you, and about what others think.
Original post by TolerantBeing
My best tips for gaining confidence is to try and not care so much. About what you, and about what others think.

That's my goal, I'd love not to care what people think but for some reason I end up caring and taking things personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending