The Student Room Group

Gcse mocks - 2014 June aqa!!

Hi! I am doing my gcse mocks in a few weeks and we are using the june 2014 papers. Does anyone know the content of the aqa higher tier for these science units:
b1, b2, c1, c2, c3, p1 and p2?!?!
Also, anyone know what to revise for gcse aqa higher maths? Again the June 14' paper.
I need to revise and if anyone can remember the content of the individual papers it would be a massive help! Thanks so much!!
right use the mathswatch CD to help you with your revision honestly it's the best thing out there and i would recommend it. and if you're looking for past papers then try your exam board's website
Original post by Safiya122
right use the mathswatch CD to help you with your revision honestly it's the best thing out there and i would recommend it. and if you're looking for past papers then try your exam board's website

I use mathswatch hahaha! Everyone at our school has ipads and we have a new maths teacher this year, (our gcse year and he doesn't even know what we have been taught and what we haven't...fatastic) and he made us download the app, it is brilliant! I just don't like exams. I don't understand the questions half the time and the other half im panicking.
did you take the 2014 science exams? I really need help withrevision. I have done all the past papers but I'm still terrified and these are only mocks.
thank you for your response!
Original post by Clintbarton
I use mathswatch hahaha! Everyone at our school has ipads and we have a new maths teacher this year, (our gcse year and he doesn't even know what we have been taught and what we haven't...fatastic) and he made us download the app, it is brilliant! I just don't like exams. I don't understand the questions half the time and the other half im panicking.
did you take the 2014 science exams? I really need help withrevision. I have done all the past papers but I'm still terrified and these are only mocks.
thank you for your response!

no thankfully cos i've just started as an undergraduate student at uni - last time i did science exams was 2012 haha but maybe you should check getrevising.co.uk or ask your teacher if he can give you more revision materials
I sat P1, P2, P3, C1, C2, C3 this year. I guess I can sort of tell you what came up, but keep in mind it's been a while since I took the exams. P1 was really easy, I can't remember what the six mark question was though. There was stuff on comparing light bulbs, there was stuff on efficiency- they asked you something about a fridge, and what the disadvantage of getting a new fridge would be IGNORING THE COST of a new fridge. The fridge question was actually on convection currents, so keep in mind that although the air is cool in a fridge this works the same way! P2 was the hardest physics unit this year, but it wasn't terrible. The six mark question was on velocity, there was a question on static electricity- a boy on a slide. There was stuff on moments and momentum. And a lot of equations. P3 was easy, a walk in the park basically. All the easy topics came up, the six marker was on transformers. There was a question about line of action, center of mass, using a man on a wheel chair as an example (you had to say what would happen if someone pushed him over?!), nothing on the motor effect. Nothing on optic diagrams- but they asked you a few basic questions about it- I think a question about the lens used if you're short sighted was a question as well. C1 was a weird exam, I remember finding it difficult for some reason, but I still got an A* in it. Make sure you don't think that a question is a trick question just because it appears to be a trick question. If that made any sense.... There a question on gases, they tell you that CO2 has been removed, so when they ask you which gasses would often come out together don't say CO2. Look at the trends and see which ones have similar boiling points etc. ALWAYS look at patterns. I can't remember much about that exam other than that. C2 was really easy, chromatography, states of matter (6 marker!!), stuff on nanotubes-lubricant haha, stuff on bonding. It was an easy paper. C3 was a weird paper as well, they used all the good topics in 2013 so this paper was full of bs. A lot about water... Pretty much nothing on reactions etc. I can't remember what the 6 marker was. There was something on fireworks at the end which I think related to flame colours, but I can't remember. I didn't sit maths this year, and even if I did, it would've been Edexcel. But just use the mathswatch app or CD and learn everything that you struggle with- use past papers in exam conditions, and learn whatever you get wrong- attempt the question again the next day and you should get it right, if not learn the topic again until you can do it in your sleep. PRACTICE IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS!!! Good luck! :smile:
THANK YOU SO SO SO SO KUCH
Original post by victoria98
I sat P1, P2, P3, C1, C2, C3 this year. I guess I can sort of tell you what came up, but keep in mind it's been a while since I took the exams. P1 was really easy, I can't remember what the six mark question was though. There was stuff on comparing light bulbs, there was stuff on efficiency- they asked you something about a fridge, and what the disadvantage of getting a new fridge would be IGNORING THE COST of a new fridge. The fridge question was actually on convection currents, so keep in mind that although the air is cool in a fridge this works the same way! P2 was the hardest physics unit this year, but it wasn't terrible. The six mark question was on velocity, there was a question on static electricity- a boy on a slide. There was stuff on moments and momentum. And a lot of equations. P3 was easy, a walk in the park basically. All the easy topics came up, the six marker was on transformers. There was a question about line of action, center of mass, using a man on a wheel chair as an example (you had to say what would happen if someone pushed him over?!), nothing on the motor effect. Nothing on optic diagrams- but they asked you a few basic questions about it- I think a question about the lens used if you're short sighted was a question as well. C1 was a weird exam, I remember finding it difficult for some reason, but I still got an A* in it. Make sure you don't think that a question is a trick question just because it appears to be a trick question. If that made any sense.... There a question on gases, they tell you that CO2 has been removed, so when they ask you which gasses would often come out together don't say CO2. Look at the trends and see which ones have similar boiling points etc. ALWAYS look at patterns. I can't remember much about that exam other than that. C2 was really easy, chromatography, states of matter (6 marker!!), stuff on nanotubes-lubricant haha, stuff on bonding. It was an easy paper. C3 was a weird paper as well, they used all the good topics in 2013 so this paper was full of bs. A lot about water... Pretty much nothing on reactions etc. I can't remember what the 6 marker was. There was something on fireworks at the end which I think related to flame colours, but I can't remember. I didn't sit maths this year, and even if I did, it would've been Edexcel. But just use the mathswatch app or CD and learn everything that you struggle with- use past papers in exam conditions, and learn whatever you get wrong- attempt the question again the next day and you should get it right, if not learn the topic again until you can do it in your sleep. PRACTICE IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS!!! Good luck! :smile:

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH. Honestly you don't understand how much this will help me. I hope this doesn't class as cheating because there is just so much content and I think that it's ridiculous we have to learn absolutely everything and then we are tested on hardly anything.
Thank you so much for this!!!
Hey could you tell me more of the topics on p1 and b2 please (:
Original post by dumbanddumber
Hey could you tell me more of the topics on p1 and b2 please (:

Hi! I have mocks next week, I haven't done p1 or b2 yet but I have looked around and found this, if it is any help (I am not doing b3/p3 mocks because we have not yet completed the units.)(AQA additional triple btw)
b2: everyone said that this was the worst one so far! I have heard a lot about applying the knowledge; nothing about cells: speciation is a major question that threw everyone, genetic diagrams, the answer to one of the questions is mitosis not meiosis and another answer regarding it is 8, cutting and cloning were asked about, and something abouts birds. They said look towards the end of revision books because it is mostly them questions.

c2: chromatography, states of matter (6 marker) nanotubes and lubricants, bonding structures (simple covelant, giant covelant, ionic, metallic) ions - hydrogen is acidic in water and base alkalises are neutralising alkalines which are hydroxides in water, and a load of bs on limestone!! I HATE THE LIMESTONE CYCLE. URGH. Everyone said it was confusing.
C3 has very little said about it but I found that there's lots of questions about water and something about fireworks and flame colours.
p2: the six markers is terminal velocity but not in the normal way - it's about a boy on a BIKW but it is still the same ideas as the parachute thing. Static electricity and materials in the process, moments and momentum, LOADS of equation balancing, conservation of momentum (it's a hidden question but that's what you have to talk about.) hope this helps! If you haven our exams the so we i, please, please you tell me what topics to revise for the unit ones and unit twos of bio chem and physics and unit three of chem?? Thanks!!
Hi! I have mocks next week, I haven't done p1 or b2 yet but I have looked around and found this, if it is any help (I am not doing b3/p3 mocks because we have not yet completed the units.)(AQA additional triple btw)
b2: everyone said that this was the worst one so far! I have heard a lot about applying the knowledge; nothing about cells: speciation is a major question that threw everyone, genetic diagrams, the answer to one of the questions is mitosis not meiosis and another answer regarding it is 8, cutting and cloning were asked about, and something abouts birds. They said look towards the end of revision books because it is mostly them questions.

c2: chromatography, states of matter (6 marker) nanotubes and lubricants, bonding structures (simple covelant, giant covelant, ionic, metallic) ions - hydrogen is acidic in water and base alkalises are neutralising alkalines which are hydroxides in water, and a load of bs on limestone!! I HATE THE LIMESTONE CYCLE. URGH. Everyone said it was confusing.
C3 has very little said about it but I found that there's lots of questions about water and something about fireworks and flame colours.
p2: the six markers is terminal velocity but not in the normal way - it's about a boy on a BIKW but it is still the same ideas as the parachute thing. Static electricity and materials in the process, moments and momentum, LOADS of equation balancing, conservation of momentum (it's a hidden question but that's what you have to talk about.) hope this helps! If you haven our exams the so we i, please, please you tell me what topics to revise for the unit ones and unit twos of bio chem and physics and unit three of chem?? Thanks!!

Thanks for the help Clint (: after your mocks come around just ask me what topics come up because i'll be done with mine by then and i'd be willing to help you or anyone :smile:
Thanks for the help Clint (: after your mocks come around just ask me what topics come up because i'll be done with mine by then and i'd be willing to help you or anyone :smile:

No problem :smile: when are your mocks?
No problem :smile: when are your mocks?

They're starting tomorrow actually so i'll tell you how it goes with the triple science after i get back (:
They're starting tomorrow actually so i'll tell you how it goes with the triple science after i get back (:

That would be so lovely of you thank you so much!
(I have also just found out that there is a question about magnesium in chlorophyll in B2 and the answer is that no magnesium = no chlorophyll and the chloroplasts (contains the chlorophyll) act as a sight for photosynthesis which produces glucose which makes plant structures)

Quick Reply

Latest