The Student Room Group

AQA iGCSE English Language - Speaking & Listening grade boundaries

Hey guys so basically this summer just gone I did my Speaking & Listening and I got 32 out of 40 which is basically 80%, my S&L is 10% of my grade and the other part is 50% exam paper, 40% coursework. In my coursework I got 41/50 which is an A, and obviously I will do the exam in June. I need an A in English Language to get on my desired course, I'm just on the boundary for the A Grade for my Speaking & Listening and I'm so scared that the grade boundaries might be heightened, now for 4 years in a row the grade boundaries haven't changed and to get an A it has always been 80%/32 out of 40. Say if the grade boundaries change and my S&L is a high B, will it affect my grade much? I reckon if I work my backside off I could get an A* in the paper and obviously having an A in my coursework will help and if the grade boundaries don't change I have an A in my S&L also. Do you think it's likely I'll come out with an A? I'm going to see my teacher on Friday (I have mocks this week so I'm not in lessons) when I have a coursework day to see what she thinks, I don't know whether I'm being too paranoid. Thanks guys..:smile:
tbh the grade boundaries chance every year depending on how well students have done. just work and revise really hard and hopefully you should do well over all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending