The Student Room Group

British SF shooting 8 ISIS people a day. Disgusting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845668/SAS-quad-bike-squads-kill-8-jihadis-day-allies-prepare-wipe-map-Daring-raids-UK-Special-Forces-leave-200-enemy-dead-just-four-weeks.html

This is utterly disgusting. It just shows the state of the armed forces over the last decade.

I know that increases in funding do not produce linear results, but if we could only put more funding in, that number should be able to get up to around 20 per day.

It makes me sick that as one of the most advanced military nations on earth, we can only slot 8 of these people daily.

Scroll to see replies

:rofl:

Firstly, nice joke.

Secondly, who's "we"? Did you pass the SAS selection process? Are you out there risking your life to kill these scumbag terrorists? Aye? Aye?

It's hilarious how neckbeards take credit for the accomplishments of others, shows how little they've done with their lives.
Reply 2
Original post by Clip
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845668/SAS-quad-bike-squads-kill-8-jihadis-day-allies-prepare-wipe-map-Daring-raids-UK-Special-Forces-leave-200-enemy-dead-just-four-weeks.html

This is utterly disgusting. It just shows the state of the armed forces over the last decade.

I know that increases in funding do not produce linear results, but if we could only put more funding in, that number should be able to get up to around 20 per day.

It makes me sick that as one of the most advanced military nations on earth, we can only slot 8 of these people daily.

It's the SAS. They can't just go in guns blazing or they'll lose their advantage of stealth. The whole point of them being there is to locate and eliminate the cell Jihadi John belongs to, killing 8 a day for a squad of 20 men or less is impressive on its own plus 8 a day stacks up to 56 a week, to 224 a month.
the SAS rely on intercepted enemy messages. the G Hardys use a machine a bit like a typewriter... they do not realise it has been cracked by some clever blighters in a secret base near Milton Keynes.
if they went in and took out huge amounts of G Hardys then their secret code breaking would become obvious...
Reply 4
The military use bombs, the people complain too many are being killed. The military use soldiers, the people complain not enough people are killed...
Good for them , destroying these maniacs.
Original post by Jemner01
The military use bombs, the people complain too many are being killed. The military use soldiers, the people complain not enough people are killed...

Exactly this tbh.

There is nothing wring with intricate, precise eradication- in fact it's the way it should happen. Innocent civilians do not deserve to die because the people next to them are reckless maniacs and other governments want to take the easy and quick route.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 6Jesus6Christ6

Firstly, nice joke.

Secondly, who's "we"? Did you pass the SAS selection process? Are you out there risking your life to kill these scumbag terrorists? Aye? Aye?

It's hilarious how neckbeards take credit for the accomplishments of others, shows how little they've done with their lives.

Taking credit for other peoples' actions that happen to born on the same rock as you is an important part of nationalism and hence the whole army culture and little man syndrome of this island that thinks it still has the empire where the sun don't set.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Evening
It's the SAS. They can't just go in guns blazing or they'll lose their advantage of stealth. The whole point of them being there is to locate and eliminate the cell Jihadi John belongs to, killing 8 a day for a squad of 20 men or less is impressive on its own plus 8 a day stacks up to 56 a week, to 224 a month.

This, basically.

I'm no expert (obviously) but they won't shoot at every single one they see. If there's a chance that they could give themselves away to other jihadists, for example. There was a mission in Sierra Leone a while back and the SAS guys had to stay put hiding in the jungle for quite a while until exactly the right time. It'll be something similar here.

They might also be targeting specific people, like commanders, rather than simply trying to pick off every ISIS fighter in an area.
Reply 9
Original post by 6Jesus6Christ6

Firstly, nice joke.

What is a neckbeard?

Additionally, does your definition of "we" mean that "we" are not responsible for anything that goes wrong?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by shahbaz
You think your funny but your not, you and the OP.

But what can be done about this? Should we take to the streets and protest that not enough money is being spent on the Army? 8 fanatics is just not enough.

I'll say that again - it's not enough, and it's time people in this country started to wake up. Whilst we waste untold billions on rubbish like the NHS and schools, the number of radicalised teenagers from Evington we are shooting is appallingly low.
Original post by shahbaz
You think your funny but your not, you and the OP.

I thought it was pretty funny anyway.

Plus it is true. Captain Price would not be pleased. Also, I heard the USA aren't taking this war seriously because, well the infidel were all wearing silver halos and they had fairy wands with big stars on the end. Plus they have put the juggernaut perk on!!

First they drop cabbages instead of decent bombs... and now this. It is utter blasphemy!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by the bear
the SAS rely on intercepted enemy messages. the G Hardys use a machine a bit like a typewriter... they do not realise it has been cracked by some clever blighters in a secret base near Milton Keynes.
if they went in and took out huge amounts of G Hardys then their secret code breaking would become obvious...

Loose lips sink ships !!!!
Original post by The_Last_Melon
Loose lips sink ships !!!!

Mum's the word eh ? eh ?
We are all decent chaps here... why would some cad be interested in the Telford Steam Railway ? eh ? eh ?
Reply 14
Original post by Jemner01

Only idiots would complain that the SAS is killing Extremists while doing their best to minimise civilian casualties.

Oh, and it's not really 'people', it's 'person'. I have seen zero complaints other than OP, and I doubt there are any other than OP's.
(edited 9 years ago)
Why do you want more people to die... No person should have the authority to ed another persons life, this goes both ways.
Original post by Elm Tree
Why do you want more people to die... No person should have the authority to ed another persons life, this goes both ways.

Objection! On who's authority is it for you to say we do not have the right to take a life from another?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Collaborator
Objection! On who's authority is it for you to say we do not have the right to take a life from another?

It's my opinion. Not saying people have to do what I say.
Goverments can carry on killing them, I don't have any power to stop them. I just think that nobody has the right to end someone elses life. Isis and the Army
Original post by the bear
Brother the answers are:

A) 15 minutes carrying a head, 10 minutes without
B) No
C) Soon you will have 72 girlfriends so don't fret
D) If you can prove you are seeking work in Syria then no probs. Why not carry out an outrage in the infidel pleasure hell on your last day ?

Alright, and finally, do I get my own Yazedi slave, or do I have to bull my flip flops by myself?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Elm Tree
It's my opinion. Not saying people have to do what I say.
Goverments can carry on killing them, I don't have any power to stop them. I just think that nobody has the right to end someone elses life. Isis and the Army

Well I completely disagree with that view. I believe there are times when killing is ethical, and to not do so is immoral. But I can empathize with your way of thinking.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending