The Student Room Group

Applicant visit day

I've been made an offer to the university and they've invited me on a visit day.
I have a few questions though.
1) Does my clothing choice matter or is it okay to turn up in just a T-shirt and jeans?
2) Are they going to ask me any questions like about my PS and such because I mentioned a book in it that I read a while ago, do I need to go over the book and reread it or does it not matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fuenciado
I've been made an offer to the university and they've invited me on a visit day.
I have a few questions though.
1) Does my clothing choice matter or is it okay to turn up in just a T-shirt and jeans?
2) Are they going to ask me any questions like about my PS and such because I mentioned a book in it that I read a while ago, do I need to go over the book and reread it or does it not matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's just a visit day then it's unlikely there's going to be any sort of interview. If there was going to be an interview they would have mentioned it. Wear what you like.
depends on where it is. Most universities a visit day is your chance to decide if you want to go there and if so what accommodation you might want to live in, so what you wear doesn't matter. Very occasionally a visit day is a bit more than that and grades might be dropped after the visit but that doesn't usually happen. You could still wear t-shirt (if warm enough) and jeans, just make sure they are presentable ones.
Reply 3
Original post by parentlurker
depends on where it is. Most universities a visit day is your chance to decide if you want to go there and if so what accommodation you might want to live in, so what you wear doesn't matter. Very occasionally a visit day is a bit more than that and grades might be dropped after the visit but that doesn't usually happen. You could still wear t-shirt (if warm enough) and jeans, just make sure they are presentable ones.

Thanks, I've been given an unconditional anyway so I doubt they'll drop the grades aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending