The Student Room Group

Guys, would you ever have a relationship with a woman who had kid(s)?

Like, as in, for both parties, is love possible when thee bond is between her and the kid's father? And would you want to have a kid in that relationship, if it was love, or would the fact that kid(s) had already been had by another father stop you? Also for women, if you love a guy after the father of your kid(s), would you want a child with him, if he wanted it?

Scroll to see replies

yeah i don't see why not, if you love someone then why not?
no
No I wouldn't. It can work if both people are divorced and both have children, but the idea of brining up somebody else's children I'd just find horrible, just personal preference I guess. But lots of others would.
I've seen a thread exactly like this before. Never asking what women would do. As a woman, just saying, I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with a guy who has kids.
If they're teenage or above and their parents were together relatively recently they'd probably resent you.
Yes i would.
Reply 7
Never.
It's not ideal by any means, however If I was in love with them it wouldn't be a problem.

Though if I was about to enter a relationship with someone who already had a kid without another man at this age (23), I would run for the hills... too much baggage for me personally.
Yes but nothing serious.
Just casual.
I will never raise a next mans child
Nahh it would be too hard if she wasnt a virgin for starters
It's very unlikely that i would although on the bright side, at least she's fertile.
Never
It's the other way round, but for the past two years now I have been in a relationship with a man who has two children from a previous marriage, and that's just fine with me. He's a wonderful person, and seeing him with his children is beautiful. I get on very well with both of them, and feel privileged he is letting me be a part of his / their lives. I don't feel any different towards him compared to previous boyfriends (who didn't have children), and don't feel weird about the 'bond' he is having with the children's mother at all - the only reason they are still seeing each other are the children, so there is really nothing for me to feel awkward about.
Original post by EloiseStar
I've seen a thread exactly like this before. Never asking what women would do. As a woman, just saying, I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with a guy who has kids.

Generally because there are more likely to be single mothers with kids than single fathers.

OP, I wouldn't.
I would be happy helping to raise another woman's child, this child did nothing wrong, no reason why he doesn't deserve a mother figure in his life.

This applies to men too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Maybe if I were older, or already had kids of my own but at the moment (not right now, but when I do) I'd like to discover parenting at the same time as my partner.
If I loved her, then yes I would.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Like, as in, for both parties, is love possible when thee bond is between her and the kid's father? And would you want to have a kid in that relationship, if it was love, or would the fact that kid(s) had already been had by another father stop you? Also for women, if you love a guy after the father of your kid(s), would you want a child with him, if he wanted it?

I would never date a girl with kids, eww.
Original post by Arkasia
Generally because there are more likely to be single mothers with kids than single fathers.

OP, I wouldn't.

Every kid has two parents :rolleyes:. I get where you're coming from. I think women can be bitchy and I wouldn't want to help raise another man's child when his ex probably would take issue with me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending