The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of manchester Aerospace Engineering Students

Hi, is anyone applying for Aerospace Engineering for 2015 :smile:?
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by OmarZ
Hi, is anyone applying for Aerospace Engineering for 2015 :smile:?

Yeah, I recently got a conditional offer from them. Did you apply there too?
Reply 3
Original post by Abz-v3
Yeah, I recently got a conditional offer from them. Did you apply there too?

No not yet, scared like crazy, going bachelors hopefully, have the requirements on the spot, international student, a great personal statement and hopefully a good recommendation.
Reply 4
I have applied aerospace engineering in the early Nov. Got offer from Bath A*AA, Southampton A*AA, Surrey A*AA, Sheffield AAA, but haven't heard from Manchester yet....
sigh.... anyone got offer from Manchester?
Reply 5
Original post by dragonzz
I have applied aerospace engineering in the early Nov. Got offer from Bath A*AA, Southampton A*AA, Surrey A*AA, Sheffield AAA, but haven't heard from Manchester yet....
sigh.... anyone got offer from Manchester?

Just received a conditionnal offer for the MEng, I'm french so they ask for 14/20 overall at the option international baccalaureat, with 14/20 in maths and physics and 13 in english.
Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by JeromeGB
Just received a conditionnal offer for the MEng, I'm french so they ask for 14/20 overall at the option international baccalaureat, with 14/20 in maths and physics and 13 in english.
Good luck!

Congrats! I am doing IB (international Bac) but how's it out of 20, its 45, they require 35 for me with no specifications
Reply 7
Original post by OmarZ
Congrats! I am doing IB (international Bac) but how's it out of 20, its 45, they require 35 for me with no specifications

What I'm doing is actually juste the french baccalauréat (/20), with something called the option internationale (OIB) which adds 6 hours of english and 3 hours of history and geography every week, and a massive coefficient 9 (maths is 7 and physics 6 for scale) exam (4 hours) and coefficient 8 in history and geography in english.
Basically not as good as the IB but much cheaper and more known in France :wink:
Reply 8
What I'm doing is actually juste the french baccalauréat (/20), with something called the option internationale (OIB) which adds 6 hours of english and 3 hours of history and geography every week, and a massive coefficient 9 (maths is 7 and physics 6 for scale) exam (4 hours) and coefficient 8 in history and geography in english.
Basically not as good as the IB but much cheaper and more known in France :wink:

Doesnt matter mon ami! Congrats on ur acceptance! I speak some french myself :wink:
I'm thinking of applying to Manchester, where else have you guys applied and what subjects are you doing at college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by mikaela_pascal
I'm thinking of applying to Manchester, where else have you guys applied and what subjects are you doing at college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aerospace, I take maths and physics at HL in IB, im also applying to: BEng at manchester, foundation and BEng at sheffield, leicester, liverpool and Brunel
What about you :smile:?
Original post by OmarZ
Aerospace, I take maths and physics at HL in IB, im also applying to: BEng at manchester, foundation and BEng at sheffield, leicester, liverpool and Brunel
What about you :smile:?

MEng Aerospace Engineering at Manchester, Leeds, Southampton, Surrey and Astrophysics at KCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aeronautical/Aerospace engineering at Imperial and Bristol and Mechanical at UCL and Edinburgh :smile:
Aeronautical/Aerospace engineering at Imperial and Bristol and Mechanical at UCL and Edinburgh :smile:

Wow, that's awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MEng Aerospace Engineering at Manchester, Leeds, Southampton, Surrey and Astrophysics at KCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for Aerospace Engineering just like you at Manchester,Sheffield,Bath,Southampton and Loughborough.
In my case, The University of Manchester is asking for higher grades(90%)- making it slightly risky picking it as a firm choice.. UoM has an excellent rank in the QS system(Top 30s). The admission criteria at Bath and Southampton are achievable( I'm leaning towards Bath). My question is - Is picking Manchester worth the risk?

Will the UoM accept me even if I get an 88/89% ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending