The Student Room Group

Access course?

Hi. I am applying to do acess to degree studies - nursing stream which starts August 2015. Can I apply for adult nursing via ucas in September 2015 to start September 2016 or can I only apply once I have completed the access course?
i think you should contact UCAS about this?
You should contact the specific universities you wish to attend to find out if they will accept the access course for the degree you want to take. I went onto Japanese Studies from doing Social Sciences access course, but some universities wouldn't take it such as Edinburgh, Oxbridge and Manchester. Don't speak to ucas about the course requirements, speak to the uni's you plan to attend.
Reply 3
Original post by valyriansteel
You should contact the specific universities you wish to attend to find out if they will accept the access course for the degree you want to take. I went onto Japanese Studies from doing Social Sciences access course, but some universities wouldn't take it such as Edinburgh, Oxbridge and Manchester. Don't speak to ucas about the course requirements, speak to the uni's you plan to attend.

I have contacted the university. They advised me to do the access course as I am a mature student and do not meet the entry requirements. I just wanted to know if I can apply for adult nursing when doing to access course or if I have to wait and apply when
I complete the access course. I forgot to ask them
Original post by 02737640
I have contacted the university. They advised me to do the access course as I am a mature student and do not meet the entry requirements. I just wanted to know if I can apply for adult nursing when doing to access course or if I have to wait and apply when
I complete the access course. I forgot to ask them

You can apply from September 2015 to late Spring 2016 for entry in 2016. Your college will help you with the application process, and any offers you receive will be dependent on the grades you achieve on the Access course.
In the mean time, try to get some relevant work or voluntary experience, if you don't already have it, as this will greatly help your application. Good luck.
Start the course, do your thing. Hopefully you'll get advice / good reference off the college you attend that will help you with applications etc. Good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest