The Student Room Group

Losing Academic Confidence

Hi all ,
I'm not sure whether this is appropriate to post on here.

Lately I've been struggling to keep up with my work .I hardly do any work after school ,I can't be motivated to study .
On the tests I keep getting bad grade after bad grade and I think im losing it :frown:
It doesn't make it better when people in my class are passing the tests with 90%+ and theres me with my 30-40%s .I honestly don't know what's going on :/
This is so unlike me .I got bbbb at AS,predicted AAA for A2 but if I'm lucky at this rate I'll be getting 3Es or even a U somewhere .I think one of my teachers can tell something is going on because she asked me if I'm ok and if anything was wrong.I ended up crying in front of her and I didn't tell her the truth why I was crying .She thought its because I marginally missed the A at AS.
I feel so unmotivated ,dumb and stupid .it's like my brain is not working anymore ,honestly .
I'm losing my confidence in myself .Its like "what's the point in even trying .Im going to fail anyway ,everybody is better and smarter than me"
I don't know what to do or how to get it rid of these thoughts and get my confidence back .I can't let this continue I've got mocks soon .
I felt the same at the end of AS but I would ignore it and revision kept me going but since the start of this year it seems to be getting worse every day.
I noticed it was getting out of hand and becoming a serious problem when I tried talking myself out of applying to a particular university because most people that go there the course im applying for get above the entry requirements .And I was thinking to myself I would feel intimidated there and all that .
I don't know what to do :frown:
This can't continue any longer :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
you should tell your teacher the truth and tell her what the problem is, i'm sure she's had students who were in the same position as you, before and she should be able to help you out
Well when I felt like that I talked to a childline counsellor and she picked me out of my slump but you just have to tell someone! Xx
Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending