The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wong26
Anyone got offers for a business course w/ an HNC qualification?

I did, Accounting with economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 221
Original post by xeniagr97
I did, Accounting with economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was ur HNC GUnit case study on?
Original post by wong26
What was ur HNC GUnit case study on?

Sorry I missunderstood. I have done International baccalaureate and they asked for an average grade of 7.
Has anyone applied to Business information systems? :smile:
Reply 224
Hi. I applied for BA Film and got rejected after my interview. Does anyone know if there's usually any vacancies for this course on clearing?
Reply 225
Just got an unconditional offer for MEng Civil Engineering !
Safe to say I'm rather excited. Managed to get a conditional for one A in a HND year one course for Law. Exam's tomorrow, so I guess I'll find out how well it goes in a week or so!
Reply 227
Totally failed my HNC Business GU . Missed a question in section 2. And didn't complete any of my answers ! Failed to manage my time & The entire paper was so EASY literally every question i practice was on that sheet when i saw i was so happy!. But then all i heard was pens down and i needed so much more to add. ill be lucky if i get a C.

Now I zero chance of getting into Napier!

I been thinking about killing myself because I'm an international student and my parents spent thousands on course fees and i wasted hundreds on monthly train tickets! Ive been depressed since the 13th all i could do is cut myself bcz i can't seem to find a quick way to just Kill myself!
Thought about overdosing but i don't have any strong drugs to do so and then i thought about just drinking bleach but ill have to wait w/ a terrible taste in my mouth nd might not even kill me ill probably still be alive but in the hospital.

Im this depressed becz I've done 1yr 1/2 of college already outside of the U.K and now I've had to re strt w/ yr w/ this HNC course and I FAILED. My life really isn't going anywhere. And I'm just wasting my money and my parents money.
Original post by wong26
Totally failed my HNC Business GU . Missed a question in section 2. And didn't complete any of my answers ! Failed to manage my time & The entire paper was so EASY literally every question i practice was on that sheet when i saw i was so happy!. But then all i heard was pens down and i needed so much more to add. ill be lucky if i get a C.

Now I zero chance of getting into Napier!

I been thinking about killing myself because I'm an international student and my parents spent thousands on course fees and i wasted hundreds on monthly train tickets! Ive been depressed since the 13th all i could do is cut myself bcz i can't seem to find a quick way to just Kill myself!
Thought about overdosing but i don't have any strong drugs to do so and then i thought about just drinking bleach but ill have to wait w/ a terrible taste in my mouth nd might not even kill me ill probably still be alive but in the hospital.

Im this depressed becz I've done 1yr 1/2 of college already outside of the U.K and now I've had to re strt w/ yr w/ this HNC course and I FAILED. My life really isn't going anywhere. And I'm just wasting my money and my parents money.

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. You have done everything you can during these years and it is not your fault that the time was up when you weren't finished on the exam. Is there someone at the school that you could talk to about you not being able to finish, and that you know a lot more than what you wrote on the exam? Maybe someone would understand :/ Also remember that even if you would receive a lower grade than what your conditions say etc. it is still possible to get accepted.

You're not wasting your money, or your parents'. Even if you don't receive the results you want/need you have learned so much and gained loads of experience of being in another country. That is invalueble. The basic principle of exams suck. It does. And I feel terrible everytime people say that they knew more than what they wrote, but didn't have the time to write it. Remember that the fact that you actually have the knowledge is the important part, and not your grade. Even if you might not get into Napier, there might be other options/ another course? Or you might want to try and talk to Napier about your situation and explain why you received a lower grade?

I lastly want you to know that I am so proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself too. You are strong, and I know that you will make it through this. It's going to be tough, yes. But you will make it. You are important to this world, and even if it feels like this is the end, it's not, and things will get better. Even if it doesn't feel like it. Please believe me on that. You are amazing, and I admire you for your hard work. I am truly sorry that the exam didn't let you show how much you actually know.

The world wouldn't be the same without you. With your dedication, that I can see that you have, I know for sure that you're going to do great things in the future. Just please hold on for a little longer. Sending all my virtual hugs <3
(edited 8 years ago)
Today I am happy to announce I am officially going to Napier to study Law! I managed to get my A first time, which wasn't exactly expected but I'm happy anyhow!
Original post by Avizandum
Today I am happy to announce I am officially going to Napier to study Law! I managed to get my A first time, which wasn't exactly expected but I'm happy anyhow!

Well done!!! I'm hoping to study law with accounting there😊
Reply 231
Probably a long shot, but anyone here going in September to study Msc Wildlife Biology and Conservation?
Original post by JessDorricott
I applied for festival and events management on Monday and got a conditional offer on Tuesday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you going to study it at postgraduate level? because i'm gonna study the same course as msc. :smile:
Accepted a conditional offer for BEng Computer Security & Forensics. Feeling pretty confident that I will get the grades now that my exams are done.
I have accepted my unconditional offer for the second year of Digital Media! Which means I'll be at merchiston, I'm also hopefully going to be staying at bainfield, I'm new to Edinburgh so being able to hang around with some new people and make some new friends would be awesomesauce. :smile:
Original post by rachel1823
I got a conditional offer for biomedical science at Napier😀 anyone else applied for this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just looked at this forum now, that's the course I'm hoping to take! I got offered a conditional too :smile:
Original post by rachthom15
I'm an American student, and I'm so surprised at how quickly I got a response! I sent my application in yesterday and got a conditional offer for Biomedical Sciences today :smile: American schools take soooo much longer...

That's the course I'm hoping to take! I got offered a conditional too :smile:
Original post by HenriyLisbiss
Hi :smile:

I have applied to Biomedical Sciences at Napier - and have just today gotten an unconditional offer. So excited. ... Hope everything else works out though :smile:

I got offered a conditional for that course! :smile:
Anyone doing just accounting??
I'm in for Computer Security & Forensics

Quick Reply

Latest