The Student Room Group

Mock AS Unit 1 Exams in January!

I have taken maths, chemistry, biology and psychology and I am looking for good resources/websites that can help me revise for any of these subjects. Also any revision techniques that have helped you and may help me.

THANK YOU :smile:
Original post by Bevin
I have taken maths, chemistry, biology and psychology and I am looking for good resources/websites that can help me revise for any of these subjects. Also any revision techniques that have helped you and may help me.

THANK YOU :smile:

I take biology and psychology, to give specific advice I'd need to know what exam boards you're on but here is some general advice:

For biology make small revision cards on each topic so that when you revise you are not overloaded with notes and can accurately recall facts.

While knowing the information is good, exam technique can often be an area where people fall short. Make sure to do past exam paper questions, mark them and annotate where you need to improve.

Do revision in short bursts, but do it regularly. I spend about an hour at a time on each topic but I do so several times a week, so it's more spread out. You're more likely to remember what you've revised.

I find that talking to people about a topic I've recently learnt about helps me to remember it better and shows how well I understand it. If there's anyone who's willing to listen to you go on about something you've learnt then I'd suggest explaining your topic to them.

Hope these help
Reply 2
Biology AQA
Chemistry AQA
Psychology AQA A
Maths Edexcel

Exam boards are above :smile:

Thank you so much
Original post by Claros
I take biology and psychology, to give specific advice I'd need to know what exam boards you're on but here is some general advice:

For biology make small revision cards on each topic so that when you revise you are not overloaded with notes and can accurately recall facts.

While knowing the information is good, exam technique can often be an area where people fall short. Make sure to do past exam paper questions, mark them and annotate where you need to improve.

Do revision in short bursts, but do it regularly. I spend about an hour at a time on each topic but I do so several times a week, so it's more spread out. You're more likely to remember what you've revised.

I find that talking to people about a topic I've recently learnt about helps me to remember it better and shows how well I understand it. If there's anyone who's willing to listen to you go on about something you've learnt then I'd suggest explaining your topic to them.

Hope these help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending