The Student Room Group

Why do people look at you when you have no social skills?

I was in work whereby I was sitting in a group of 4 people all sitting on our tables. He came around with a charity box whereby 3 of my colleagues except me donated £1 to the cause.

I then went to speak to a girl sitting opposite him a few days later and he was watching me speaking to this girl. Why did this person look at me? Was he looking at whether I have social skills?
probably wondering why you didn't put any money in the charity box
What assumptions would a normal person make if you do not donate to a charity? I want to know what he is thinking. Was he thinking I have no social skills? I am socially awkward? I do not care about charity? I'm the scum of the earth?
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't think donating to charity has anything to do with social skills. Just was probably thinking you're cheap and you should have donated. Don't worry about it. Usually when there's a charity thing or whatever, everyone jumps on the bandwagon and wants to be seen as a good person, as opposed to actually wanting to donate. Think of the ice bucket challenge a few months ago... or the oxfam people who stop you in the street - none of these are any different. if he has a problem, just say that he shouldn't have an opinion on where or where you don't spend your money, and if he really was a robin hood for the charity, why didn't he donate £2 instead of £1, because I'm sure he could afford it.
Haha thanks for your response changed my perspective completely and you made me laugh haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending