The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Confused about applying

I am applying for biotechnology at Northumbria, on UCAS course search it stated
"Northumbria University will make offers when the following qualifications are combined with others

GCE AS

Information: GCE/VCE A Level Biology Grade B"

I didn't get a grade B at biology in AS, mainly due to stress from exams. Does this mean that I won't get an offer from the university?
Original post by Harry1996
"Northumbria University will make offers when the following qualifications are combined with others

GCE AS

I didn't get a grade B at biology in AS, mainly due to stress from exams. Does this mean that I won't get an offer from the university?

Are you taking A-Levels? According to this page, you need 320 UCAS points including 100 points in Biology. This means that you'd need a B in A2 biology to get in. So no, you don't need a B at AS Biology to get in. However, since, that is the A2 requirement, your AS Biology grade will need to be high enough so that you've got a reasonable chance of getting a B at A2 and you also need to have a reasonable chance of getting 320 UCAS points from A Levels (which is equivalent to ABB).
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Original post by Harry1996

GCE AS

Hi Harry1996,

Our requirements vary for different courses, so the best thing I can recommend is to call our admissions team on 0191 227 4444, or email [email protected]. If you have your UCAS number to hand when you ring it will make things a lot quicker for you :smile:

If you have any other questions feel free to DM us!

Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending