The Student Room Group

Has the pill broken women?

Behavior

Impulsive behavior is common, including: substance or alcohol abuse, eating disorders, unprotected sex or indiscriminate sex with multiple partners, reckless spending and reckless driving.[18] Impulsive behavior may also include leaving jobs or relationships, running away and self-injury.[19]
People with BPD act impulsively because it gives them immediate relief from their emotional pain.[19] However in the long term people with BPD suffer increased pain from the shame and guilt that follow such actions.[19] A cycle often begins in which people with BPD feel emotional pain, engage in impulsive behavior to relieve that pain, feel shame and guilt over their actions, feel emotional pain from the shame and guilt and then experience stronger urges to engage in impulsive behavior to relieve the new pain.[19] As time goes on, impulsive behavior may become an automatic response to emotional pain.[19]

And what's this for? Borderline personality disorder, yet why does it sound so relevant to so many young British women? Go out, get hammered, smoke a joint and **** anything with a pulse?

Not convinced?

People with BPD can be very sensitive to the way others treat them, feeling intense joy and gratitude at perceived expressions of kindness, and intense sadness or anger at perceived criticism or hurtfulness.[27]

Sense of self

People with BPD tend to have trouble seeing a clear picture of their identity. In particular, they tend to have difficulty knowing what they value and enjoy.[35] They are often unsure about their long-term goals for relationships and jobs. This difficulty with knowing who they are and what they value can cause people with BPD to experience feeling "empty" and "lost".[35]

But hang on, what can cause this? Changes in estrogen. Throwing it out there, I reckon the pill has gone and broken most women in this country giving them a lot of the symptoms of BPD. Care to argue the toss? And saying "berp women aren't like that" is bs as you just need to hop on over to the ONS' threads to see otherwise.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think the pill has to an extent broken women as many sleep around and have unprotected sex just because they think they can't get pregnant. However I guess it is a benefit for society as a whole
Reply 2
Too many font sizes, too much to read, too late at night. I'll come back in the morning and see if this makes any sense, although I suspect it won't (or will already be binned).

Edit: Came back, makes even less sense. I give up.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by geoking
Behavior

Impulsive behavior is common, including: substance or alcohol abuse, eating disorders, unprotected sex or indiscriminate sex with multiple partners, reckless spending and reckless driving.[18] Impulsive behavior may also include leaving jobs or relationships, running away and self-injury.[19]
Wait till he finds out about male pill :eek:
Original post by geoking

But hang on, what can cause this? Changes in estrogen.

Oh look, someone read that there's oestrogen in the pill, that changes in oestrogen levels can cause behavioural differences and has put 2 and 2 together to make 5!

Next thread, please.
Reply 6
If it's on Wikipedia, it must be true... :ninja:
Reply 7
Yes. You are completely correct. The birth control method known as the Pill has broken the entirety of womankind. Women are now drinking like men, they are broken. Women are now having sex with multiple partners, like men do, they are broken. Women now smoke marijuana, they are broken. What is a women. There is no women. They are all broken because of the catastrophe of women not wanting a baby. Mankind will crumble from this. The world will end. The planets have aligned and the cosmic apocalypse has begun. Thor ate a baby. What is next. Women will start to grow out their leg hair and host leg hair styling competitions. And the prize will be beer. Women will start to cut down trees and use them to build their own houses. They will carry entire forests on their backs with no effort. The average woman will evolve to be able to lift 48 times their own body weight. They are broken. Fear the women.

It's very similar to the above. 'This word is the same in both articles, oh my god there must be something we're missing here!'
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Will it happen?
Last I read they are looking at 10 to 15 years and while it is more complicated than the female pill, a major part of it is because of the lack of funding.
Reply 10
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I think it's broken you. You seem pretty cut up about the whole thing.

Because something I don't take has broken me. How about you deal with what I said rather than some childish retort? Or is the problem that it describes you and you want to justify loutish, insecure attitudes and behaviour?

Whether you like it or not, a lot of young British women are showing signs of BPD. Why is that?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Yes. You are completely correct. The birth control method known as the Pill has broken the entirety of womankind. Women are now drinking like men, they are broken. Women are now having sex with multiple partners, like men do, they are broken. Women now smoke marijuana, they are broken. What is a women. There is no women. They are all broken because of the catastrophe of women not wanting a baby. Mankind will crumble from this. The world will end. The planets have aligned and the cosmic apocalypse has begun. Thor ate a baby. What is next. Women will start to grow out their leg hair and host leg hair styling competitions. And the prize will be beer. Women will start to cut down trees and use them to build their own houses. They will carry entire forests on their backs with no effort. The average woman will evolve to be able to lift 48 times their own body weight. They are broken. Fear the women.

Why are people saying guys do this? If they do, they are chavs. Whereas most young women do this, and especially relevant is the "do not know what the want or enjoy" part of it, as well as struggling to deal with criticism.

You guys must be hanging around scum if you think any of this behaviour is normal.
Reply 12
Original post by Friar Chris
Oh look, someone read that there's oestrogen in the pill, that changes in oestrogen levels can cause behavioural differences and has put 2 and 2 together to make 5!

Next thread, please.

Screaming "wrrrooooongggg!" isn't an agrument :facepalm:
So either explain why the modern young woman shares so many traits of BPD or don't bother replying.
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman

:rofl2: +9 from me :jumphug:
Original post by neal95
I think the pill has to an extent broken women as many sleep around and have unprotected sex just because they think they can't get pregnant.

So basically what men have been doing the entire time :rolleyes:

OP, if "broken women" means "given women the opportunity to be more than baby incubator machines" to you, then sure.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

I'm a big supporter of the male pill actually, purely because it makes much more sense to unload a gun rather than to shoot at somebody wearing a bulletproof vest :wink:

Shame it isn't more widespread.

I heard that it was considered "unethical" to test it on males, though, because it gave them headaches / made them more emotionally volatile / caused severe stomachaches or something along those lines.

Might have been crap tbh but it's kind of charming nonetheless. Welcome to the plight of teh femalez :cool:
Where can i find these women and get inside them?
Original post by Катя
I'm a big supporter of the male pill actually, purely because it makes much more sense to unload a gun rather than to shoot at somebody wearing a bulletproof vest :wink:

Shame it isn't more widespread.

I heard that it was considered "unethical" to test it on males, though, because it gave them headaches / made them more emotionally volatile / caused severe stomachaches or something along those lines.

Might have been crap tbh but it's kind of charming nonetheless. Welcome to the plight of teh femalez :cool:

It will be interesting if and when it is released as it will level the playing field and place the choice to whether have a child or not more fairly in both genders hands.
At the moment if a woman decides her partner needs a shove to show some commitment all she needs to do is secretly stop taking the pill and get pregnant. Aternatively if she is under pressure to have a child and she wants to put it off she can simply secretly start taking it.
When the male pill comes along all a guy need do if he wants to resist his partners request to start a family ( a very common scenario) but keep her happy, all he needs to do is secretly go on the pill and enjoy more sex than he has ever known. He could keep it up for years and she would never know.
The cynic in me thinks that this could be a reason it has never had serious money thrown at its development.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by caravaggio2
It will be interesting if and when it is released as it will level the playing field and place the choice to whether have a child or not more fairly in both genders hands.
At the moment if a woman decides her partner needs a shove to show some commitment all she needs to do is secretly stop taking the pill and get pregnant. Aternatively if she is under pressure to have a child and she wants to put it off she can simply secretly start taking it.
When the male pill comes along all a guy need do if he wants to resist his partners request to start a family ( a very common scenario) but keep her happy, all he needs to do is secretly go on the pill and enjoy more sex than he has ever known. He could keep it up for years and she would never know.
The cynic in me thinks that this could be a reason it has never had serious money thrown at its develipment.

Pfft, that all just seems unnecessarily manipulative.

Besides, having a kid doesn't mean sex is off the table :wink:
You miss the point. Most men have more sex than they have ever had when their partner becomes desperate to get pregnant.

You say manipulative? No more manipulative than many women are in this situation.
The pill will empower men in exactly the same way it has women for40 yrs.
For that reason I shant be holding my breath waiting for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending