The Student Room Group

Regent's University

Hi,
I'm studying at Regent's University London, first year, and I'm doubtful about the prestige it has because many students are telling me that Regent's is not a great University and that they are going to transfer. I don't know if I should do that too. Any recommendations?
Thank you!
Reply 1
I am a little surprised. I graduated from Regents in 2009 and had a fantastic & professional time during my studies. The reputation globally an in particular Europe is recognized as a leading University for Business by many organizations/ companies and has personally opened many doors. Being responsible for Talent Acquisition & Recruiting at one of Europe’s largest Media & Television companies I can only confirm Regents TOP Tier Status among colleagues within industry.

First of all I would question why the individuals telling you want to leave? The international flair and hands on approach combined with a high teaching standard is not for everyone. I personally had the ambition to get to know as many cultures as possible and to set myself up with the best possibilities of starting my professional career. Looking back I can 100% say, all that has happened. Graduating in 2009 (during recession) wasn’t easy however I had no problems getting interviews and could choose where I wanted to work.

Please feel free to let me know if you want to talk in more detail.
Reply 2
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that your colleagues feel this way. I was a student there back in 2002, when it did not have University status and straight after my Masters I was given an internship at Bloomberg. A stint at the London Stock Exchange followed that. Today, it has university status, and an incredible Entreprenerial spirit, which will not be found in many places.

Whether graduates go on to start their own businesses, or find employment, you make great friends and contacts at Regents, something you can't put a price on!

I suggest you stay right where you are, and embrace a great community!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending