The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln or Hull as better insurance?

Hi, i am struggling to choose between Hull and Lincoln as my insurance for zoology next year. Any opinions at all about student life at Lincoln or the department or anything would be much appreciated, I just need any info possible to help me make a choice. Thanks!
Well I've applied to Lincoln and got offers for both Animal Behaviour and Zoology. I can tell you now that if you want to go into anything after a zoology course you NEED practical experience and also with Lincoln I have realised that it seems like a very personal university in comparison to the others.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey. I'm a first year animal behaviour student at lincoln. Zoology and animal behaviour at lincoln are pretty much exactly the same degree, it is just the core and optional modules that are different but they are the same modules.

Zoology is heavily applied for whilst animal behaviour has less students due to the misunderstanding of what the course is itself. Both zoology and ab are basically biology courses but there are a hell of a lot more students doing zoology. All of life sciences do cell biology, genetics, bio chem and research methods together and you do anatomy with the whole of animal sciences.

In terms of lincoln itself, you can walk everywhere you need to. There's lots of cheap clubs, freshers week was actually so much fun, plenty of clothes shops, societies and I was lucky enough to get put in with a nice group of flat mates.

I should also say that lincoln also does a lot of research for animal sciences and there are weekly extra talks you can go to listen to people of different backgrounds. I.e. An primate talk today

Quick Reply

Latest