The Student Room Group

How do you become boyfriend material?

I've had girls tell me I'd make good friend material but never boyfriend material. I dunno something must be lacking. I think it's because I can be a bit shy/awkward the few times that I do go out socially (like the other day I walked a girl to her car but then she said I was just following her but she seemed ok with it when I asked her :s-smilie:), & also I'm not really good looking in my opinion.

I dunno what to do I mean I try my best to be myself & friendly to people. I do try & engage people in conversations but sometimes say the wrong things or jumble up my words :redface: I like to have a laugh so crack a few jokes as well but I'm not sure, some of them might just be lame. What can I do to make girls see me more than a friend? Thanks :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Treat her like crap and she's yours.
Maybe you're just ugly.
Be better looking, I guess?

Obviously I don't know what you look like, but if you're being confident, friendly etc and not having success, I'd say it's your looks letting you down.

After all, for someone to be a "friend" to a girl, looks don't tend to matter much (people will still care a bit of course, even subconsciously), just personality. Whereas to be a boyfriend, looks and personality both matter.
First thing you do is buy a new shirt. Then you go up to the cow who said you are "friend" material and say feel this right now, repeat exactly this "do you know what material that is?" She'll reply with some sort of material for example cotton. You reply "no shut your face this is boyfriend material" swiftly sweeping her off her feet (literally). She'll be gagging for you after this fella.
Reply 5
Looks don't matter that much.

Maybe you put girls on a pedestal a bit? (Pure speculation)
Looks do matter, but so do other things like social skills and interests. It is a lottery with hot girls, some set their standards sky high, others less so. Ultimately they want to be round someone who they find comfortable and exciting. They will reject a nobody.
Original post by Lil08
That's mean :smile:
You need to have a life and a purpose, have things to live for and be passionate about, be a real person. I'm not saying you're not a real person, but by spending your days sitting alone in your house you're not only not meeting any new women, but if and when you do meet someone she'll be the only reason you go outside, and that isn't attractive.
Reply 9
You learn how to make perfectly round rotis
Original post by Lil08

Best post of the day :clap2:. It ain't so far off the truth as it does work, but still not my style of doing things.
Original post by Dr Pesto
You need to have a life and a purpose, have things to live for and be passionate about, be a real person. I'm not saying you're not a real person, but by spending your days sitting alone in your house you're not only not meeting any new women, but if and when you do meet someone she'll be the only reason you go outside, and that isn't attractive.

I have met good looking girls that are nerds with no life outside their Medical degree.
Original post by tengentoppa
Maybe you're just ugly.
Well i don't think I'm ugly, honestly i think I'm just a bit below average. Maybe like a 4/10 :erm:
Original post by Multitalented me
Well i don't think I'm ugly, honestly i think I'm just a bit below average. Maybe like a 4/10 :erm:

Oh dear, that may be where you are going wrong. You will need to come up with ways to look a bit better, get yourself up to a 5-6. Otherwise, just don't worry about it and keep meeting new girls.

I think coloured contacts make me look cool. I also get my eyebrows threaded, and also had dental work done. It all adds up.
Your obvious lacking in self confidence wtf how you rating yourself a 4??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SpeedyGonzalez
Your obvious lacking in self confidence wtf how you rating yourself a 4??

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's just being realistic.! Realistic is good! Better than him thinking he is a 10 when he's really a 3 or something :biggrin:
with my very little/no experience with girls I'd say from what I've seen the pefect way to bey boyfriend material is not be boyfriend material and not be nice, caring or give a **** about girls. They seem to be hypocrites saying they want nice guys but actually friendzoning them and going after the guys who treat them like ****
People still think that looks are important? They aren't. Sounds harsh but I've seen mutants get with decent looking other halfs. It's really just how you carry yourself.

If you come across as awkward/weird/uncomfortable to be around, girls will pick up on it. That'll take you off the consideration list before you've even hinted that you're interested. When you're in convos with girls, you've got to be 100% relaxed and comfortable. Like you mentioned you were walking that girl to her car. If you were talking and having a laugh with eachother on the way I doubt she'd feel you were following her.

Firstly stop worrying about looks, that'll just hold you back. Jokes are definitely lame if you bust them out randomly, don't make it so you're constantly trying to be funny, just keep it relevant. Gain more self-belief, as this is also something that girls pick up on. In all honesty it's probably just the confidence thing. You come on here rating yourself a 4/10. Just disregard your looks completely and make sure you practice good hygiene.

...Oh, and if all else fails, get rich. Money puts you at instant boyfriend material

Original post by Anonymous
with my very little/no experience with girls I'd say from what I've seen the pefect way to bey boyfriend material is not be boyfriend material and not be nice, caring or give a **** about girls. They seem to be hypocrites saying they want nice guys but actually friendzoning them and going after the guys who treat them like ****

You sound bitter. The guys that act overly nice towards a girl and put them on some kind of pedestal just because they want to get with them, make me ill
Original post by K-Nitro
People still think that looks are important? They aren't. Sounds harsh but I've seen mutants get with decent looking other halfs. It's really just how you carry yourself.

If you come across as awkward/weird/uncomfortable to be around, girls will pick up on it. That'll take you off the consideration list before you've even hinted that you're interested. When you're in convos with girls, you've got to be 100% relaxed and comfortable. Like you mentioned you were walking that girl to her car. If you were talking and having a laugh with eachother on the way I doubt she'd feel you were following her.

Firstly stop worrying about looks, that'll just hold you back. Jokes are definitely lame if you bust them out randomly, don't make it so you're constantly trying to be funny, just keep it relevant. Gain more self-belief, as this is also something that girls pick up on. In all honesty it's probably just the confidence thing. You come on here rating yourself a 4/10. Just disregard your looks completely and make sure you practice good hygiene.

...Oh, and if all else fails, get rich. Money puts you at instant boyfriend material

You sound bitter. The guys that act overly nice towards a girl and put them on some kind of pedestal just because they want to get with them, make me ill

I agree I probably am bitter but I am not overly nice to girls/anyone to get with them just from past experience girls don't seem to appreciate guys being nice to them in general, I would not treat a girl or a guy the way some girls have treated me in the past for no apparent reason. Such as changing from 'I really want to see you when are you free' to not replying to my texts for 2 weeks.
Original post by Lil08

Isn't this the truth.
Sbtghgxaaqwdggbh
Like omg this post is on point .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest