The Student Room Group

How do you become boyfriend material?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dontbetheprey
Isn't this the truth.
Sbtghgxaaqwdggbh
Like omg this post is on point .

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing you're being sarcastic but this is the truth girls rarely like guys who are genuinely nice to them. Probably as they don't see them as hard to get or some other strange reason.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm guessing you're being sarcastic but this is the truth girls rarely like guys who are genuinely nice to them. Probably as they don't see them as hard to get or some other strange reason.

I wasn't being sarcastic at allllll.
I understood what you meant.
I don't know if it's nature why we prefer to like the rude and awful guys.
I mean in the end, we normally settle with the good guys after we get to know them for a while but for some strange reason we automatically like the rude and obnoxious guys at first sight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wasn't being sarcastic at allllll.
I understood what you meant.
I don't know if it's nature why we prefer to like the rude and awful guys.
I mean in the end, we normally settle with the good guys after we get to know them for a while but for some strange reason we automatically like the rude and obnoxious guys at first sight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

First time I ever hear that. 99% of girls (or the ones I know) will say they dislike rude or even overconfident guys. Wth?!
Original post by tengentoppa
Maybe you're just ugly.

No one is ugly in this world. Everyone is beautiful/handsome in some way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cornelius
First time I ever hear that. 99% of girls (or the ones I know) will say they dislike rude or even overconfident guys. Wth?!

Atleast shes being honest to some extent.. I've heard few girls other than one of my best friends admit they like guys who treat them badly but from experience and seeing who goes out with girls it seems to be generally be bad guys
Original post by Cornelius

We lieeeee.
Many girls prefer when guys are overconfident.
It makes us challenge our judgement and we start to talk to our selves like

Brain: " Why is this beautiful specimen trying to hold a conversation with me"

Brain: " I love him already"

Brain : " Guys like him- only talk to girls for one reason."

Brain: "He just wants to get into your pants."

Brain: "Yeahhhh, you're right, I hate him."

And boom. That's how it goes.
#thethingsthatgirlsthink

We tell you that we prefer Peeta over Gale when we really crave Christian Grey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
We lieeeee.
Many girls prefer when guys are overconfident.
It makes us challenge our judgement and we start to talk to our selves like

Brain: " Why is this beautiful specimen trying to hold a conversation with me"

Brain: " I love him already"

Brain : " Guys like him- only talk to girls for one reason."

Brain: "He just wants to get into your pants."

Brain: "Yeahhhh, you're right, I hate him."

And boom. That's how it goes.
#thethingsthatgirlsthink

We tell you that we prefer Peeta over Gale when we really crave Christian Grey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it simply because he's a "beautiful specimen" rather than because he's "rude" that you think these thoughts?

And aren't you just talking about initial physical attraction?
Try growing a new face.
Just be yourself, after all, if you start acting differently then is it really you she would be dating or the persona you've adopted?
Original post by K-Nitro
People still think that looks are important? They aren't. Sounds harsh but I've seen mutants get with decent looking other halfs. It's really just how you carry yourself.

Lol, looks are incredibly important for both men and women in potential partners. Just because you've seen some ugly people with partners doesn't mean looks don't matter.

I mean, you've said that money makes a difference (which it probably does), but poor guys still get girlfriends.

Firstly stop worrying about looks, that'll just hold you back. Jokes are definitely lame if you bust them out randomly, don't make it so you're constantly trying to be funny, just keep it relevant. Gain more self-belief, as this is also something that girls pick up on. In all honesty it's probably just the confidence thing. You come on here rating yourself a 4/10. Just disregard your looks completely and make sure you practice good hygiene.

But if he knows he's a 4/10, surely that's just him being realistic? That doesn't mean he's necessarily coming across an unconfident in real life - there's no point in him being deluded and thinking he's more attractive than he actually is.
Original post by Hashim3444
No one is ugly in this world. Everyone is beautiful/handsome in some way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ha

Be modestly confident, be kind, be genuine, be a gentleman, take care of your appearance, be well mannered and polite, warm, friendly, honest, compassionate, thoughtful...

Don't be rude, arrogant, smug, a player, overly loud, immature...

I'll stop myself there, as I think my standards are too high/nobody like this exists. :redface:
Reply 32
Passion and purpose are a good start but not enough. Confidence and an ability to meet women I think are the real key. Good dress sense, independence and a bit of money are helpful extras.
Original post by Multitalented me
I've had girls tell me I'd make good friend material but never boyfriend material. I dunno something must be lacking. I think it's because I can be a bit shy/awkward the few times that I do go out socially (like the other day I walked a girl to her car but then she said I was just following her but she seemed ok with it when I asked her :s-smilie:), & also I'm not really good looking in my opinion.

I dunno what to do I mean I try my best to be myself & friendly to people. I do try & engage people in conversations but sometimes say the wrong things or jumble up my words :redface: I like to have a laugh so crack a few jokes as well but I'm not sure, some of them might just be lame. What can I do to make girls see me more than a friend? Thanks :smile:

One of the things I've noticed quite often, both in reality and with advice, is that "boyfriends" tend to hit fast and hard.

For example, my mate got with his girlfriend within a month of first meeting her in person, with little interaction between meet-ups. He talked to her for a little while before that on Social networks and such, but it was pretty sudden when he told me they were going out.

There are apparently a bunch of reasons for this, but the main ones seem to be:

-if you are always being around them and acting friendly, she will assume you will stick around for a long time as "just friends".

-Whereas if you make it clear from early on what you're intentions are, and strike while the irons hot, she'll be more likely to keep you out of this category. She can't take you for granted because you've only just met and she has no guarantee you'll still be around next week. So if she wants you and you act fast, it's much more likely to happen.

At that point you've either gotten what you wanted or know it's not gonna happen.
Original post by Anonymous
Lol, looks are incredibly important for both men and women in potential partners. Just because you've seen some ugly people with partners doesn't mean looks don't matter.

I mean, you've said that money makes a difference (which it probably does), but poor guys still get girlfriends.

Everyone's different, this is true. My point was that looks will not stop you from getting in a relationship with a girl (I guess outside of defects that'll literally prevent you from doing so). Ideally you want to have realistic standards in terms of what girl you go for, but the whole looks thing is just an excuse for a lot of people

And we are talking two different things here. Poor guys get girls because they had the attributes. Money can get you girls regardless

But if he knows he's a 4/10, surely that's just him being realistic? That doesn't mean he's necessarily coming across an unconfident in real life - there's no point in him being deluded and thinking he's more attractive than he actually is.

The issue isn't the fact that he thinks of himself as a 4, it's that he's rating himself at all. Couldn't remember the last time I remember guys who have been with girls worrying about their looks... I haven't done so either. Don't hold so much importance in looks. Plain and simple

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending