University of York
York
Reply 81
Original post by SuperSah
You had the Skype interview, correct?

Yes, on the 9th.
Original post by rennys
Yes, on the 9th.

So a week and a half to get a response. Sounds pretty good.

Hopefully mine comes soon..
Reply 83
So a week and a half to get a response. Sounds pretty good.

Hopefully mine comes soon..

Good luck! I don't think you have anything to worry about. I think the interview took place after they had eliminated most undesirable applicants, which means that the interview was more about making sure that you actually meet their criteria.
Original post by rennys
Good luck! I don't think you have anything to worry about. I think the interview took place after they had eliminated most undesirable applicants, which means that the interview was more about making sure that you actually meet their criteria.

They, they eliminate the ones they don't want according to their site.

First stage is scrutiny of all applications and interviews with only selected ones, so it's looking good, really.
Reply 85
Has anybody got a rejection? I had my interview on the 9th too and I didn't receive any news. I suppose this means I didn't pass. That's fine, York was not my first choice but I still can't help feeling disappointed :frown:
Original post by lizz124
Has anybody got a rejection? I had my interview on the 9th too and I didn't receive any news. I suppose this means I didn't pass. That's fine, York was not my first choice but I still can't help feeling disappointed :frown:

Just wait, you never know. If you was rejected, they'd of said by now.

Has your Track even updated?
Reply 87
Just wait, you never know. If you was rejected, they'd of said by now.

Has your Track even updated?

Yep, with an offer from another uni. I would think they send out all offers at the same time and leave rejections for another day rather than sending some offers and some not.
Original post by lizz124
Yep, with an offer from another uni. I would think they send out all offers at the same time and leave rejections for another day rather than sending some offers and some not.

Just wait if I was you. Remember the departments are probably smaller due to Christmas and whatnot.

Just wait. If you get an email with a rejection then fine, but since you've not heard anything, just wait it out.
Reply 89
Just wait if I was you. Remember the departments are probably smaller due to Christmas and whatnot.

Just wait. If you get an email with a rejection then fine, but since you've not heard anything, just wait it out.

Original post by lizz124

I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 91
I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck! :smile:

Best of luck to you too! Where else did you apply? :smile:
Original post by lizz124
Best of luck to you too! Where else did you apply? :smile:

I hope so!

I applied for Liverpool, Birmingham, Portsmouth and Bournemouth. Received offers at all of these places and Bournemouth gave an unconditional which was great!

York just happens to be the place I reallllyyy want to be.
Reply 93
I hope so!

I applied for Liverpool, Birmingham, Portsmouth and Bournemouth. Received offers at all of these places and Bournemouth gave an unconditional which was great!

York just happens to be the place I reallllyyy want to be.

Congratulations, those look like great choices! Let's hope for the best, I'd really like York too, it's beautiful!
Original post by lizz124
Congratulations, those look like great choices! Let's hope for the best, I'd really like York too, it's beautiful!

Thanks a bunch. The city of York is brilliant. It's so historic and very modern at the same time.

Where else did you apply?
Reply 95
Warwick, Manchester, Reading and Brunel :smile: not the best choices but I'm an international applicant and I had to take a guess.
Original post by lizz124
Warwick, Manchester, Reading and Brunel :smile: not the best choices but I'm an international applicant and I had to take a guess.

Which have you received offers for thus far?
Reply 97
I received an unconditional offer from Reading.
Original post by lizz124
I received an unconditional offer from Reading.

Well done, that's good!

Warwick is lovely too if you get that.
I doubt York's department is open this week for Law, so we'll probably not hear anything for a bit.

Good luck and have a good Christmas all.

Quick Reply

Latest