The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aren't there barely 10 unis that offer pharmacy? Lol... I don't think it matters too much, because really a pharmacy degree is a pharmacy degree... I think it's just preference of area more than anything... Obviously the more prestigious unis like Kings, Bath, LSOP and stuff would be up there but after those, it's anyone's guess...
Reply 2
MarsVolta
Aren't there barely 10 unis that offer pharmacy? Lol... I don't think it matters too much, because really a pharmacy degree is a pharmacy degree... I think it's just preference of area more than anything... Obviously the more prestigious unis like Kings, Bath, LSOP and stuff would be up there but after those, it's anyone's guess...

NOPE! 22 at present, AND COUNTING.......! lol they are really popping up all over the place, I know that this year is the first year for the MPharm at Keele University, and I tihnk Reading Uni's School of Pharm is kinda new too....:eek:

Surprised eh?:rolleyes:
Reply 3
There's only one! MANCHESTER!!!!
Reply 4
Totally 'unbiased' view: Manchester, followed by Nottingham
Reply 5
Nottingham is the best University for pharmacy. Entry standards are quite high (450-ish) though. It has a quite big pharmacy course, they intake about 200+ students.
ditto^^

Also, nottingham is where boots head centre is - who pump £££s into the uni
Reply 7
ive heard john moores is pretty good for pharm
No its not tbh. My pharmacist says that they RPSGB are considering removing the degree from the uni for some reasons i forget
Reply 9
Come to Bath, its fantastic!
Seriously though think about what matters to you. Yes Manchester is a good uni, but if you dont like big cities you wont like it. If youre used to living in, say, Cornwall and dont want to go too far away from home, dont apply to Strathclyde.
What Im trying to say is be very wary of which unis are cnsidered to be 'best'. Which places will you be happy at?
When I went for my interview at Nottingham I found it all to be really pretentious ...
Reply 11
Nottingham was a bit cheap actually. I'd say Bath is the best.
Reply 12
Bath seems a bit stuck in the past to me, after all virtually all the buildings are listed (historical value etc). Apart from the sports halls, not much else of the uni is great. My local pharmacist tells me that the teaching isny too good. I switched Bath to Nottingham, my friends went to an open day and they say it was nice.
Aaaaah Cardiff is where it's at. The pharmacy kids at Cardiff know exactly how to party!
News paper articles say that Bath is the best, with highest graduate employment. It looks like Nottingham is very good as well.
Reply 15
no bath has better faciilities, better repute but cardiff rules it. i didnt like the canteen in bath
Merna
no bath has better faciilities, better repute but cardiff rules it. i didnt like the canteen in bath

Cardiff rules it because it has a better canteen? :p:
Mustard-man
Cardiff rules it because it has a better canteen? :p:

Hey that's a damn good reason! Assuming that i would spend 30 minutes there everyday for let's say 6 months... that would be 60 hours of my life! And I wanna spend them in a good canteen! :biggrin:
Reply 18
BeesKnees
Hey that's a damn good reason! Assuming that i would spend 30 minutes there everyday for let's say 6 months... that would be 60 hours of my life! And I wanna spend them in a good canteen! :biggrin:

you visiited any unis yet and did you get that bio prediction moved up?
BeesKnees

Just go to Costco and buy wholesale pot noodles or something :p:. Although a crate of pot noodles would make me feel sick after a while! :puke:

Latest

Trending

Trending