The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Computer Science Admissions Day - Can't attend worried?

(Also forgive the spelling mistakes, I'm on my phone and II'm typing very quick).

I am unable to attend the Admissions day I was invited to, because I live in NI it's inconvenient to travel especially since the first date was during my mock exams, the second date was the day before I was giving a talk and lesson on c# programming for my schools STEM day, and the last was in June so it would be far to late to help with my firm and conditional choice.

I am worried because I'm unable to go, would I be rejected? I know some people in the past have gotten grades reqs for their course reduce a grade or two as a result, and the email said I may receive a more attractive offer if I attend. However, I am pretty secure in my target grades of A*AB (where the requirements on the website as ABB/AAC).

What I'm worried is could I be outright rejected for not attending? I know there's a short informal interview....:confused: the email said a standard offer would arrive soon, but I assume that's just meaning my offer won't wait for the Admissions day. I am pretty sure Newcastle will at least be my insurance
(edited 9 years ago)
I think you need to email admissions and clarify if attendance is compulsory or not. If it is, then I would go with the second date, as although that sounds a little inconvenient, it's the one which would cause you the least harm. However, as the last date is in June, it sounds like it's not compulsory?

If it is compulsory, the uni may also be able to help with travel costs and/or accommodation.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
I think you need to email admissions and clarify if attendance is compulsory or not. If it is, then I would go with the second date, as although that sounds a little inconvenient, it's the one which would cause you the least harm. However, as the last date is in June, it sounds like it's not compulsory?

If it is compulsory, the uni may also be able to help with travel costs and/or
accommodation.

It is not cumpulsory, but I think I'm ok now because the email said I would soon recieve a standard offer, not a lowered offer because il not attending the admissions day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending