The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University Official Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm a first year fresher too but can't see that option how did you find those open?
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 41
Original post by Evie171
Hi,
I have unfortunately not got into halls (im a fresher) but have found that Lulworth House and Union House are available. Do you know how many freshers stay there? Or would i be with other years? Is there any difference apart from it being privately owned... Ive been told its only students there but just wondered what type of students!

Hiya, im in the same position as you and have found lulworth and union house as potential accommodation places. Have you managed to find more information about it?
Reply 42
About me finding accommodation?
Hi everyone

For up to date advice on what to do if you haven't secured BU-allocated accommodation, please visit our website.

The main advice is to register for our Homefinders Day on 5 September and join our BU Find a Housemate Facebook page to meet other students in the same position.

The important thing is not to worry - we're here to guide you every step of the way!

Sarah, BU
Reply 44
Original post by Bournemouth University
Hi everyone

For up to date advice on what to do if you haven't secured BU-allocated accommodation, please visit our website.

The main advice is to register for our Homefinders Day on 5 September and join our BU Find a Housemate Facebook page to meet other students in the same position.

The important thing is not to worry - we're here to guide you every step of the way!

Sarah, BU

Hi, i was wondering if you had any information on private accommodation, in purticular lulworth student accommodation
Hi I have just confirmed my accommodation at chesil house and I was just wondering when and how do I start paying rent because it says that £300 has been paid?
Original post by Savanii
Hi, i was wondering if you had any information on private accommodation, in purticular lulworth student accommodation

Hi Savanii

Our best advice is to register for our Homefinders Day on 5 September where you can meet local estate agents and other students looking for a shared property. If you can't make the event, you can visit the BU Find a Housemate Facebook page and use online property search tools.

Lulworth House is a privately managed accommodation option that isn't affiliated with BU so unfortunately we are unable to provide any information. But you can contact Lulworth Student Housing Co. direct.

If you have any further questions then please ask.

Sarah
I am studying business information technology so which campus should I book in for?or does it matter at all?and also what did you guys do for freshers week? :biggrin:
just out of interest what can i do to ensure that i get the accommodation that i want in first year? ive heard about people who didnt get into the halls they wanted and were moved to the likes of corfe house and werent very hapy about it
Original post by turiga28
I am studying business information technology so which campus should I book in for?or does it matter at all?and also what did you guys do for freshers week? :biggrin:

Hi turiga28

BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology is based at our Talbot Campus but you're free to attend any of the Week One events on either campus.

Hopefully there are some current students on here who will comment on what they did for arrivals week. In the meantime, Alice's blog is worth a read. Things are a little different in that freshers is only one week now but it'll give you an idea what to expect - https://microsites.bournemouth.ac.uk/undergraduate/2014/07/31/1436/

See you in September!

Sarah
Reply 50
Hi I am currently going into year 12 and am going to be studying Media AS and Btec ICT which is equivalent to two A levels and in total I will be finishing year 13 with 3 A levels in total. I just wanted to know would I be at a disadvantage here If I was applying to Bournemouth with these subjects?

I am wanting to study Media and communications in 2017 If you could please answer this for me it would be very helpful.

Kind regards,
Hi turiga28

BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology is based at our Talbot Campus but you're free to attend any of the Week One events on either campus.

Hopefully there are some current students on here who will comment on what they did for arrivals week. In the meantime, Alice's blog is worth a read. Things are a little different in that freshers is only one week now but it'll give you an idea what to expect - https://microsites.bournemouth.ac.uk/undergraduate/2014/07/31/1436/

See you in September!

Sarah

Hi,I am struggling to find available rooms in all the campuses offered. It keeps saying no records found I am worried in case I wont find a room available for me to live on campus
Original post by Ro01ro
Hi I am currently going into year 12 and am going to be studying Media AS and Btec ICT which is equivalent to two A levels and in total I will be finishing year 13 with 3 A levels in total. I just wanted to know would I be at a disadvantage here If I was applying to Bournemouth with these subjects?

I am wanting to study Media and communications in 2017 If you could please answer this for me it would be very helpful.

Kind regards,

Hi Ro01ro

Great to hear you're interested in our BA (Hons) Communication & Media course. As long as you’re continuing the Media Studies at A-level, you will be considered for the course. We would not consider just AS-levels. If you have any further questions, can I suggest you email our enquiries team at [email protected] and an adviser will be happy to help.

Thanks, Sarah
Original post by stevebcfc
just out of interest what can i do to ensure that i get the accommodation that i want in first year? ive heard about people who didnt get into the halls they wanted and were moved to the likes of corfe house and werent very hapy about it

Hi stevebcfc

Are you joining us this September or thinking about your options for 2016 entry?

Sarah
Reply 54
Hi Ro01ro

Great to hear you're interested in our BA (Hons) Communication & Media course. As long as you’re continuing the Media Studies at A-level, you will be considered for the course. We would not consider just AS-levels. If you have any further questions, can I suggest you email our enquiries team at [email protected] and an adviser will be happy to help.

Thanks, Sarah

Thanks for your reply yes I am going to be doing AS media in September and then carrying it on for A2 as well as starting BTEC ICT in September. Finishing both subjects in 2017 :smile:.

I will still be considered for the course right....
Hi,I am struggling to find available rooms in all the campuses offered. It keeps saying no records found I am worried in case I wont find a room available for me to live on campus

Hi turiga28

Apologies, it wasn't clear your last question was about accommodation. Unfortunately, most of our Halls of Residence and Unilet properties have now been allocated this year, which is why you are getting the message that no records are found. There may be cancellations over the next few days so do keep checking for new vacancies. In the meantime, here's how you can find private accommodation:

Let others know you are looking for housemates - join our BU Find a Housemate Facebook group

Register to attend our Homefinders Day on Saturday 5 September and meet other students who are looking to rent a private property - local estate agents and private student accommodation providers will be present

Look for property vacancies using the BU Letting Service and other private landlords and letting agents. In addition, you can visit the various other online property search sites, e.g. Movem and Rightmove.

Thanks

Sarah
Hi turiga28

Apologies, it wasn't clear your last question was about accommodation. Unfortunately, most of our Halls of Residence and Unilet properties have now been allocated this year, which is why you are getting the message that no records are found. There may be cancellations over the next few days so do keep checking for new vacancies. In the meantime, here's how you can find private accommodation:

Let others know you are looking for housemates - join our BU Find a Housemate Facebook group

Register to attend our Homefinders Day on Saturday 5 September and meet other students who are looking to rent a private property - local estate agents and private student accommodation providers will be present

Look for property vacancies using the BU Letting Service and other private landlords and letting agents. In addition, you can visit the various other online property search sites, e.g. Movem and Rightmove.

Thanks

Sarah

what happens if i cant attend the homefinders day?
Original post by TheIndecent
Hi I have just confirmed my accommodation at chesil house and I was just wondering when and how do I start paying rent because it says that £300 has been paid?

Hi TheIndecent

Can I suggest you email our accommodation team at [email protected] and they will be able to advise about payments.

Thanks

Sarah
I'm trying to register for my course online but the reduced fee for my scholarship is not showing, does this take time to show up or is there a problem?
what happens if i cant attend the homefinders day?

Hi turiga28

If you're unable to attend the Homefinders Day, you can meet other students looking for housemates by posting on the BU Find a Housemate Facebook page.

You can also email our accommodation team who will be more than happy to support you any way they can.

Thanks

Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending