The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University Official Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarah_s92
I'm trying to register for my course online but the reduced fee for my scholarship is not showing, does this take time to show up or is there a problem?

Hi Sarah

Are you referring to the £1,500 Academic Excellence Scholarship? If so, this is loaded on a MasterCard that you'll collect when you enrol, rather than a reduction in your fees.

Thanks

Sarah
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by Bournemouth University
Hi Sarah

Are you referring to the £1,500 Academic Excellence Scholarship? If so, this is loaded on a MasterCard that you'll collect when you enrol, rather than a reduction in your fees.

Thanks

Sarah

Hi, sorry, I should have specified it's the postgraduate Academic Scholarship worth £2,000.
Original post by sarah_s92
Hi, sorry, I should have specified it's the postgraduate Academic Scholarship worth £2,000.

Hi Sarah

Please can you email [email protected] with your course title and the scholarship you were expecting and they will look into it for you.

Many thanks

Sarah
Hi stevebcfc

Are you joining us this September or thinking about your options for 2016 entry?

Sarah

2016 entry, im pretty confident that BU will be my firm choice
Original post by stevebcfc
2016 entry, im pretty confident that BU will be my firm choice

That's great news stevebcfc.

We guarantee accommodation for all new eligible undergraduate students who have selected BU as their firm choice and submitted their UCAS application by the 15 January UCAS deadline. The application is in two stages - only when students meet the conditions of their offer will they be able to pick and secure their accommodation. This will be on a first come first served basis, although the available accommodation is released in batches. You will be advised of the release dates nearer the time.

We have a range of accommodation options and we will do all we can to support you in finding accommodation. You'll have the best student experience no matter where you end up living.

Thanks

Sarah
Reply 65
Original post by Savanii
Hiya, im in the same position as you and have found lulworth and union house as potential accommodation places. Have you managed to find more information about it?

Hi, I just booked a room at Union House (with the Lulworth Company). I really wanted to stay in halls but because I got into Bournemouth through Clearing, this was more or less my only option because everything else had been allocated. The halls are new so you would be the first to stay in them. The people are so helpful and friendly - they reply to my emails promptly, explained things carefully to me and the process when booking the room was steady, comfortable and reassuring. I would say if anyone is considering getting a room with them, just email them any questions you have and just get in touch! (Also, if anyone else has got a room with them, try and contact me as well because its not as easy finding others like it is with halls with BU). Hope this helps!
Reply 66
Original post by hasinasc
Hi, I just booked a room at Union House (with the Lulworth Company). I really wanted to stay in halls but because I got into Bournemouth through Clearing, this was more or less my only option because everything else had been allocated. The halls are new so you would be the first to stay in them. The people are so helpful and friendly - they reply to my emails promptly, explained things carefully to me and the process when booking the room was steady, comfortable and reassuring. I would say if anyone is considering getting a room with them, just email them any questions you have and just get in touch! (Also, if anyone else has got a room with them, try and contact me as well because its not as easy finding others like it is with halls with BU). Hope this helps!

Hiya, I booked with them too! I'm staying in Hurn house. What about you? I found them friendly too but they messed up with my rooms so now I'm in the floor with mostly postgraduates which kinda suck but again better than no accommodation 😊
Reply 67
Original post by Savanii
Hiya, I booked with them too! I'm staying in Hurn house. What about you? I found them friendly too but they messed up with my rooms so now I'm in the floor with mostly postgraduates which kinda suck but again better than no accommodation 😊

Yeah I'm in Hurn House too! There are others as well who I have spoken to as well.
Hello I am considering applying to study Media and Communications at BU in 2016 and was wondering if there is a certain amount of places for this course? If so, does it work on a first come first serve basis for who gets these places?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LewisW1805
Hello I am considering applying to study Media and Communications at BU in 2016 and was wondering if there is a certain amount of places for this course? If so, does it work on a first come first serve basis for who gets these places?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi LewisW1805

Great to hear you're interested in studying at BU.

All universities will have a maximum number of students they can accept on a course. If you apply before the UCAS deadline 15 January, all applications are considered at the same time and offers are made where appropriate. If you miss the January deadline, there are other opportunities to apply through UCAS Extra.

We don't only take grades into consideration when we are considering students so your personal statement will be key to you letting us know how suitable you are for the course. Our website has some useful tips for writing your personal statement.

I hope that helps.

Sarah
Can I pull out of my BU place and not go there at all?
Could I then apply through clearing elsewhere, do you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,

@Bournemouth University could you please tell me how many spaces you have for your children&young people's nursing course?

Thank you,
Futurechildnurse
Original post by futurechildnurse
Hello,

@Bournemouth University could you please tell me how many spaces you have for your children&young people's nursing course?

Thank you,
Futurechildnurse

Hi Futurechildnurse

Great to hear you are considering Nursing at BU.

There are approximately 23 places on our BSc (Hons) Children's & Young People's Nursing for the 2016 intake.

Further details about the course can be found here.

Thanks

Sarah
Hi Futurechildnurse

Great to hear you are considering Nursing at BU.

There are approximately 23 places on our BSc (Hons) Children's & Young People's Nursing for the 2016 intake.

Further details about the course can be found here.

Thanks

Sarah

Ok,thank you. I hope I can get accepted,as Bournemouth is my first choice uni!
Reply 74
hiya I'm pretty certain I'll make Bournemouth my first choice to study Multimedia Journalism for 2016 entry, has anyone done this course? If so how did you find it? Also, how important is work experience fir the application process? thanks
Welcome to the Bournemouth University (BU) official rep profile. We're on hand to answer all your questions about BU, so please ask away!

Our student ambassadors have first-hand experience of life at BU, so they can give you the inside scoop on what it's like to study here. Whether you want to know about night-life, accommodation or where to get the best pizza, these are the people to ask and this is where you can do just that!

Chris (CBowditch)

Chris is in his first year studying BA (Hons) Marketing Communications in our Media School.

Ailish (Ailish Myland)

Ailish is a final year student studying BSc (Hons) Sports Development and Coaching Sciences in The School of Tourism.

James

James is a postgraduate student studying an MSc in Sport Management. He also studied BA (Hons) Events Management at BU and has spent time working for the Great Britain Rowing Team.

Alice (AliBonce)

Alice is a postgraduate student studying an MA in Post Production Editing. She first studied BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism at BU and is now back, hoping to break in to documentary making and video editing.

Michelle (Mish Lilly)

Michelle is a mature student in her third year of BA (Hons) Social Work.

Gemma (GemmaJewell2)

Gemma is in her first year studying BA (Hons) Television Production in our Media School.

Plus you'll see other current students popping up around TSR from time to time, so look out for them!

For all the nitty-gritty questions about BU, our staff members are here to help with the facts and figures you might need to help you make your decision about where to study.

Please feel free to post your questions in this thread, or if you prefer you can send us a private message. We'll aim to get back to you ASAP but please allow a few days for a response.

Hey guys,i was just wondering,do I need to register with a doctor online at home or when I get to university?
Reply 76
Original post by hasinasc

I'm booked with them as well but i'm in the Hurn House, right next to the Union House.
Reply 77
Original post by Savanii

What floor are you on? And when are you moving in?
Original post by turiga28
Hey guys,i was just wondering,do I need to register with a doctor online at home or when I get to university?

Hi turiga28

You can do it when you arrive. Guidance about registering at the Student Medical Centre can be found on this web page.

Hope that helps.

Sarah
Hi turiga28

You can do it when you arrive. Guidance about registering at the Student Medical Centre can be found on this web page.

Hope that helps.

Sarah

Thank you and also will I be provided with a student discount card?i am not talking about the NUS card. My friend said universities provide students with a student discount card?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending