The Student Room Group

I came out as gay today, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snikutsmullac
I believe you are born gay. If you do not, that's fine. I respect your views, decisions and choices in life so please respect mine.

People who hark on about "why did you choose to be gay" / "gay ppl just need to choose to be straight LOL" really annoy me.

Like, even if someone - gasp - chose to date/sleep with/etc someone of their own gender, why do you care?
Do you prefer coffee or tea?
Original post by Катя
People who hark on about "why did you choose to be gay" / "gay ppl just need to choose to be straight LOL" really annoy me.

Like, even if someone - gasp - chose to date/sleep with/etc someone of their own gender, why do you care?

It is what it is. It's how you're born. Nothing wrong with it at all. Love doesn't have to conform to a particular set of rules and guidelines.

Even if I chose to be gay, it doesn't matter. You're right.

I do however believe in tolerating the opinions of others, just like I would expect them to tolerate mine.
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
Do you prefer coffee or tea?

The only tea I drink is green tea. But I drink all kinds of coffee, and I work in a coffee shop. So definitely coffee!
Congratulations! Hope you're coping all right. I just wanted to ask when you realised you were gay? Did you never have crushes on girls? Do you currently have a male crush or relationship?

Hope everything goes well :smile: Hopefully your friends/ class mates are understanding if they know or will know.
Who did you tell first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not to my knowledge, no.

Heh that is the polar opposite for me, I haven't come out of my awesome closet yet but everyone in school knows I am gay xD
Reply 47
As above.

Good on you! :tongue: I can't help but feel sad that our society demands people to come out if they're anything other than straight... as if we're straight until proven otherwise :confused:
Original post by O.Ozz
I'm trying to tone down my thoughts on here, I believe Gay is a Choice and is even slyly written in the bible about the choice of homosexuality.

Not here to make it a debate or be offensive though.

Being born boy/girl is a choice? Did you choose to be white/black etc?
Oh my goodness, I think you should have a serious re-think about this!
Reply 50
Original post by ForgetMe
Being born boy/girl is a choice? Did you choose to be white/black etc?

:sigh: your not getting the point at all because your not understanding it from a christianity view of it (which is fine not to understand).
Original post by aworldalone
Congratulations! Hope you're coping all right. I just wanted to ask when you realised you were gay? Did you never have crushes on girls? Do you currently have a male crush or relationship?

Hope everything goes well :smile: Hopefully your friends/ class mates are understanding if they know or will know.

It's fine.
In all honesty, I've had a pretty good idea since I was 12-13, but I've known for certain since I was about 15.
I've never had crushes on girls. I've never had a crush on a guy either, but I knew that I found them attractive and not girls.
I've kind of got my eye on someone, but I think it's more lust... I've never been in a relationship.

Original post by Edminzodo
Who did you tell first?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I told my mum by text message and then we had a conversation about it yesterday.

Original post by Penguinfarts
Heh that is the polar opposite for me, I haven't come out of my awesome closet yet but everyone in school knows I am gay xD

As long as they don't judge you for it, tis' nothing to be ashamed of.

Original post by lidiax
Good on you! :tongue: I can't help but feel sad that our society demands people to come out if they're anything other than straight... as if we're straight until proven otherwise :confused:

Thank you.
I totally agree. I don't find we'll ever achieve true equality until being gay is looked upon in the same way as being straight. When we don't have to "come out" and prove ourselves... but I did just want to throw it out there!

Original post by Hollywood Hogan
Oh my goodness, I think you should have a serious re-think about this!

And why is that?

Original post by O.Ozz
:sigh: your not getting the point at all because your not understanding it from a christianity view of it (which is fine not to understand).

We're not Christians. Don't enforce your views onto gay studentroom members anymore than we would hold a gay rights parade in a church.
As above.

Why is everyone I know has has/is planning to do law gay? Are barrister robes the **** or ugly as ****? xD
Original post by Penguinfarts
Why is everyone I know has has/is planning to do law gay? Are barrister robes the **** or ugly as ****? xD

I didn't know that. I'm just passionate about the subject and find it so interesting! Hehe

Original post by swagyolo420

What do you think?
I didn't know that. I'm just passionate about the subject and find it so interesting! Hehe

What do you think?

Idk thats why im asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
I forgot this was tumblr not tsr
Congratulations on coming out.

Let's cut to the chase: does size really matter?
Original post by Fry_Cook_of_Doom
Congratulations on coming out.

Let's cut to the chase: does size really matter?

Thanks. No.

Original post by Foo.mp3
24 hours later, how do you now feel?

Relieved. It has all worked out. I really was worried for nothing.
No questions from me, just congratulations :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest