The Student Room Group

Quick question

Hi,

I checked my online account to find it's been updated to show I'll receive:
Supplementary grant £1129
Support loan £110

I have already received my support loan of £1191.
Isn't my grant support to cover all of my accommodation fees, I thought I read that somewhere, £300 short for this term.

I also used an online calculator to see what I was entitled to a few months ago, and I'm being paid £1800 less from what I can remember it was. I have no financial support from parents etc, does this seem right?

Thanks
Reply 1
Your Student Finance is calculated on your household income. It takes no account of your outgoings and does not guarantee to cover any costs in full. It also does not take into account a lack of parental financial report, if they are judged to be able to afford it.

If you're in your final undergrad year you'll get less than the previous years.

If there's no mention of a Maintenance Grant, then you will not have been income -assessed. Either you didn't apply for this or you haven't provided household income evidence.

I'd suggest phoning SF direct - there are a number of potential scenarios and we can only take a guess as we don't know your exact personal circumstances.
Reply 2
I thought the supplementary grant was the maintenance grant?
My income is 0, I'm not working at the minute, and have no living parents, which they know about because I've sent them about 100 different documents now.
Reply 3
Original post by Adamh91
I thought the supplementary grant was the maintenance grant?
My income is 0, I'm not working at the minute, and have no living parents, which they know about because I've sent them about 100 different documents now.

No, the Supplementary Grant should be in addition to the Maintenance Grant. You should also get a Maintenance Loan, which you haven't mentioned.

I think you need an urgent direct chat with SF. From what you've said, most of your student finance is missing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending