The Student Room Group

Stay for Meng or get a Msc

Hi, I am doing a MEng in chemical engineering , I had a couple of industry visits and I really don't want to work in industry as I hated the sites. I regret doing engineering now as the workload is high and I am having to sacrifice a lot to put the hours in and at the end I don't want to be a engineer. I stay at home and since I am Scotland domiciled I don't have to pay fees for 5 years. However, I want to go to finance sector as I did an intern thing 2 years ago with Ernest and young and I really liked it. My question is should I get a free masters in Engineering, or should I get a bachelors in chem eng and move to preferably UCL or City and pay around 30k to get a msc management or should I get a MEng in chemical engineering (for free) then do a masters in management. I am worried if I dont get a suitable job, with my Msc in management and I only have a BEng, I would have to pay more for a MSc in chemical engineering to move to industry. Any advice
No point in spending another year studying engineering if you don't intend to work as one. Simple as that to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending