The Student Room Group

Business studies GCSE?

Is business studies useful and a good option for gcse to pick? i need replies quick because im choosing my options tomorrow thanks x
Reply 1
I wouldn't do business studies if I were you :smile:
Reply 3

WHY?
so far ive chosen french,history,child development are these good gcses and why not business
Reply 4
Most would recommend choosing traditional/popular subjects like geography and history. I don't think child development is a good choice either. Languages are great. For A-level I would say the same too.
A basic guideline as to what is best to pick is to look at what the high achieving students are taking (provided that you are also interested in those subjects).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I do business and it's so easy! But it's kinda **** because it 'seems' like a cool subject but its so boring.
Reply 6
Original post by sarskinz
I do business and it's so easy! But it's kinda **** because it 'seems' like a cool subject but its so boring.

It's the fact that everyone knows it as an easy subject that makes it not as respectable a subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by prowster
It's the fact that everyone knows it as an easy subject that makes it not as respectable a subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true, I don't even revise any more for my end of term tests since my teacher isn't good and we aren't learning anymore but I still got a B somehow lol.
Original post by Maryam_13
Is business studies useful and a good option for gcse to pick? i need replies quick because im choosing my options tomorrow thanks x

I did business studies and would recommend it.
I wouldnt recommend child development though- its a bit useless- id pick something else like geography instead.

Quick Reply

Latest