The Student Room Group

AQA IGCSE English Language Paper 1- IMPORTANT! Please help!

Tomorrow I have my AQA IGCSE English Language Paper 1 mock.

I struggle with the analysis part of things. The first half of the paper- where we're given a text and we're asked questions about it- I rarely get over half marks for that. Luckily I'm able to bring my grade up with writing a story in the second half.

I really need some tips on analysis skills and answering the questions because I don't want my grades to slip as a result of it!

If you've done/are doing this GCSE- what tips would you suggest to me?

If you haven't done/ are not doing this GCSE but would still like to help- here is an example of a past paper. http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-87051H-QP-JAN14.PDF

I'd appreciate any help you can give, I'm quite worried :frown:
do you have an email i have aqa gcse(regular) exmplars which gave me idea on how to answer the igcse edexcel questions
Reply 2
hey i know its almost a year later and you probably wont get this but by any chance do you remember how to do the english language igcse aqa, I dont know how many paragraphs i need to do per mark ?!!!
Reply 3
Original post by witte25
hey i know its almost a year later and you probably wont get this but by any chance do you remember how to do the english language igcse aqa, I dont know how many paragraphs i need to do per mark ?!!!

It matters more on ur points u make and the quality of development. u should halve the number of marks and write around about that many points. For longer questions from 8 to 10 marks u can write a few less points but u still need to have good development
Reply 4
Thank you very much! x

Quick Reply