The Student Room Group

Higher English Essay Question

Hi, wondering if you could help me out,I have a discursive essay due on Friday but I only have 1 idea which is "Should drinking whilst pregnant be banned?" But I'm not sure if it's good enough! Any ideas?
Much appreciated.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by Jules28
Hi, wondering if you could help me out,I have a discursive essay due on Friday but I only have 1 idea which is "Should drinking whilst pregnant be banned?" But I'm not sure if it's good enough! Any ideas?
Much appreciated.

In this case I wouldn't go for an essay title which is the only thing you can come up with. Look through some articles in the news and find something you have a strong opinion about so that it is easier to argue that opinion (although don't forget balance in your essay!). Alternatively, think about something that you know you already feel strongly about, for instance for me I would argue that people shouldn't diss games like CoD and FIFA just because they aren't as deep or thought provoking as other games: every game has it's merits!
The key thing is to find something you're passionate about, after that the writing should come far easier, hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending