The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB/Magee Nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

sounds about right. I got a letter in te other day about social work passed the first stage so I honestly can't see it being too long now 🙊🙊 and I would say it will be by post too
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Oh that's great news well done :smile: I never even thought IT would be through the post just assumed through ucas
There's 5 stages to get through for social work it's my last choice to be honest but thank you 😊 I nearly had heart failure when I seen the letter with uu on it lying 😷😷
I bet you did lol that day I missed a call from Magee I near had a heart attack! Then I saw the email and realised it was only a query. I thought about social work too but I heard there aren't many jobs at the moment. I've only applied for nursing so eggs are in one basket.
I'm just taking chances with it really I had originally only picked nursing too then changed it at the last minute I think I'm too opinionated to be a social worker lol.. Iv applied for mental health nursing in magee too but at the insight night they kind of put me off. Iv always wanted to be an adult nurse and eventually work in emergency care I'll be heartbroken if I don't get in 😖
I'm so not cut out for mental health nursing at all too much history of it in my family I just wouldn't have the patience

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would be very difficult have you applied to qub?
Thought I submitted a reply there but it's not showing up. Yea I applied for adult both intakes, and children's nursing. I only applied to Magee last min as I'm going to be a graduate this year and queens accept graduates but Magee don't mention it in their entry requirements so just chancing my arm.
Reply 28
Hi everyone I too have applied to Magee for Adult Nursing and Mental Health Nursing :smile: realy can not wait to hear of I've for an interview eeeek
Reply 29
I forgot just how bad and annoying it is waiting to hear if we have been successful or not for the next stage :frown: Here's hoping we hear back asap! Lol :smile:
It's terrible 👎
Reply 31
Hi! I've applied for QUB adult nursing and midwifery, and Magee adult nursing, and also Northumbria adult nursing and midwifery, and haven't heard anything from any of them 😔 anyone else the same??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JRS97
Hi! I've applied for QUB adult nursing and midwifery, and Magee adult nursing, and also Northumbria adult nursing and midwifery, and haven't heard anything from any of them 😔 anyone else the same??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest how did you tailor your personal statement for both nursing and midwifery?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I read a post advising online that if u try to apply for nursing and midwifery you will not succeed. One of my daughters friends recently got turned down for midwifery and the reason given was her personal statement wasn't relevant. She still hasn't heard from nursing though.
Reply 34
Original post by Melwaite1982
I read a post advising online that if u try to apply for nursing and midwifery you will not succeed. One of my daughters friends recently got turned down for midwifery and the reason given was her personal statement wasn't relevant. She still hasn't heard from nursing though.

At the Magee insight evening they made it clear you won't get an interview unless your personal statement specifically says nursing. They said talking about wanting to be in a caring role or being a healthcare professional wasn't enough. I would have also applied for midwifery if I could have swung it with the personal statement but I couldn't see how it was possible.

Does anyone know if Magee email or post invites to interview?
My daughter is convinced it will all go through ucas. Has anyone applied through ucas before?
I was told you had to apply for either nursing or midwifery 😳
Reply 37
Original post by Melwaite1982
My daughter is convinced it will all go through ucas. Has anyone applied through ucas before?

I would have thought that but someone mentioned QUB send their invites out via post.
I've been watching emails and post like a hawk. Wish I knew it was post cause at least u know when postman comes that's it for the day. Email watching is constant from 9 to 5 😞
I think there could be a big chance it will come through post as my social work thing did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending