The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB/Magee Nursing 2015

Anyone applying for nursing at QUB or UU Magee for 2015? I am in the process of finalising my application at the minute. I am applying for adult branch only.

Scroll to see replies

Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by derrynoid
Anyone applying for nursing at QUB or UU Magee for 2015? I am in the process of finalising my application at the minute. I am applying for adult branch only.

Hey derrynoid :smile:

I've applied for adult nursing in UU Magee and recently sent my UCAS application away. Have you applied before or is this your first time? this is my third time trying so fingers crossed for us both! :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by Dholmes
Hey derrynoid :smile:

I've applied for adult nursing in UU Magee and recently sent my UCAS application away. Have you applied before or is this your first time? this is my third time trying so fingers crossed for us both! :colondollar:

Hey

I am just waiting for my reference to do her bit then I am all set to send it. Magee would be my first choice but I will happily take QUB if it's my only option. This is my first time applying and I really hope I get an offer as I am already a mature student with dependants so really need to get career sorted. Scares me that like yourself the norm seems to be you have to try multiple times before getting in. I have no real experience but I am about to start a new job in homecare so hoping that will help my application. Are you applying to anywhere else?
Reply 4
Hey

I am just waiting for my reference to do her bit then I am all set to send it. Magee would be my first choice but I will happily take QUB if it's my only option. This is my first time applying and I really hope I get an offer as I am already a mature student with dependants so really need to get career sorted. Scares me that like yourself the norm seems to be you have to try multiple times before getting in. I have no real experience but I am about to start a new job in homecare so hoping that will help my application. Are you applying to anywhere else?

Hey there :colondollar:,

so sorry for the late reply, work and class has been driving me crazy! :frown: Magee is my first choice too, though Queens would be best as i live in Belfast, but unfortunately i don't have my maths GCSE just essential skills maths. When i first applied i had no experience what so ever working in a care home but i am one of the carers for my mother who is currently bed ridden. I received a conditional offer from Queens and an unsuccessful for Magee my first time applying, its hard because one university might like something you have said while the other doesn't :/ Thats amazing! All the best in your new job :smile:! i hope it goes well!. I've applied for UU and University of Dundee in Scotland, but im really hoping to stay here to study as im too much of a home bird lol :tongue: Have you just applied for QUB and UU as you have dependants?
Reply 5
hi guys, I am also applying for adult nursing in Magee and QUB. Feeling very excited now that the the UCAS application form is done and dusted. Waiting game now!!!
Reply 6
Hi guys

I got my application completed and sent last week woop woop just a waiting game now. I applied to Magee and QUB for adult nursing and to Middlesex, Uni of West London and Sheffield Hallam for their PGDIP Nursing courses as they only take 2 years to complete however I think I would only moving to England if both QUB and Magee reject me as it would be a huge move with children and I don't know if I could do it.

Just a waiting game now so exciting. I got acknowledgement emails from all universities except Ulster.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi guys! :smile:

Big relief that UCAS is all complete :smile:! The waiting is the worst part of it It's such a long drawn out process that just screams stress lol! But nonetheless it is very exciting!,

I was the same derrynoid, I heard back from Dundee the next day and Ulster took a while to get back to me but eventually I heard word back a couple of weeks later, so hopefully you hear back soon!

Fingers crossed that we all get interviews don't think I could stand another year out
Hi everyone 😊

This is my 4th time applying to both qub and Magee! I've just graduated in July 2014 with a degree in health and social care policy from UUJ! When I applied for 2014 entry they didn't even give me an interview even though I have all the right qualifications and my degree 😞 just shows how important experience is!
Hopefully there'll be something from them in the next few weeks when the interviews start being sent out, good luck all 😄 xxx
Reply 9
Original post by ainetherese
Hi everyone 😊

This is my 4th time applying to both qub and Magee! I've just graduated in July 2014 with a degree in health and social care policy from UUJ! When I applied for 2014 entry they didn't even give me an interview even though I have all the right qualifications and my degree 😞 just shows how important experience is!
Hopefully there'll be something from them in the next few weeks when the interviews start being sent out, good luck all 😄 xxx

Hi your post has me worried can't believe you've been trying four years. Do you have any experience? Did you get an interview for Ulster last year? I just got rejected from Sheffield Hallam for their PGDIP Nursing due to lack of experience.

Did anyone see the photo QUB School of Nursing and Midwifery posted on facebook of the stack of personal statements they have received it's insane.
Hi your post has me worried can't believe you've been trying four years. Do you have any experience? Did you get an interview for Ulster last year? I just got rejected from Sheffield Hallam for their PGDIP Nursing due to lack of experience.

Did anyone see the photo QUB School of Nursing and Midwifery posted on facebook of the stack of personal statements they have received it's insane.

Hi :smile: aw don't be worried about it, it was probably the interview nerves that ruined my chances! I didn't get any interviews last year at all, which was really annoying, but I'll give it one last try now!
Yeah I seen that photo it's mental! Anytime I get an email from ucas I freak out lol so nervous!
Hi I have applied to both queens and magee praying I get in somewhere 😐 first time application does anyone know rough dates of when you get replies suspense is killing me!
It's killing me too! It's only been 2 weeks since deadline but feels like 2 years!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
😷 I know it's terrible I was told it may be end of this week start of next but who knows. I haven't even received the confirmation email from magee yet so I'm not expecting anything to happen over night but I can't help but wonder 😐🔫
I haven't received the confirmation from Magee either although I know they are processing them as they emailed me last fri asking me to confirm my courses I am studying. Ohhh was it a reliable source told u it will be this week or next?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw that's good then. It was my tutor im doing the access course he used to lecture nursing but sometimes the information he gives can be abit dated lol
Oh good really hope we hear soon I'm sick checking my emails constantly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same here I just want to know where I stand really
A friend of mine had interview at Magee last year. Just checked back in my Facebook messages and it was early March so can't be too much longer a wait to find out 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hey guys I was told at open day and insight night at Magee that we should hear word 2nd week in February if we have been unsuccessful or successful for an interview, these then take place 1st & 2nd week of March and outcome of these to be received end of March. Seems life forever.

Quick Reply

Latest