The Student Room Group

Overpayment! Urgent Help

Hi I have recently left uni and my family and I have moved house, today we got a message from an old neighbour saying that there were some letters for us at the old house so when we got them I had one saying I have been overpaid £790 maintenance grant and need to pay it back immediately! I don't have that type of money and neither does my family to just give out! I am not sure what to do as there were also letters for my mother and brother asking to get in touch with them about when I now live!

i live with my mother and brothers and the household income was below the amount needed for the loan I was given! I don't understand why they waited until I had finished uni to ask me for it? If they would have taken the money from my last loan I would have understood a bit more but instead I am now left with no idea what to do!
Help?
Hi there.

An over payment can occur for a number of reasons, such as you had suspended or withdrawn or due to wrong figures on a current year income or childcare application if either of these apply.

It can occur at a later date as sometimes colleges/unis inform us of changes to students study once they have finished.

I would advise calling 0300 100 0607 to have an adviser check why this has occurred, and to have your address updated as we do not appear to have been given your current address.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending