The Student Room Group

Nipple piercings?

How long do they take to heal and how painful are they during that time? Obviously they'll be sore for a while after you get them done but if it takes a while are they constantly sore?
Also, can they be moved around a bit? Like if I'm having sex with my boyfriend can he like play with them with his hands/tongue? Or will it stop them healing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by OhhNo
How long do they take to heal and how painful are they during that time? Obviously they'll be sore for a while after you get them done but if it takes a while are they constantly sore?
Also, can they be moved around a bit? Like if I'm having sex with my boyfriend can he like play with them with his hands/tongue? Or will it stop them healing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A piercer will be able to advise you on healing time. As a general rule though, you shouldn't touch a piercing except to clean it until it is fully healed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just do some googling - loads of info out there. Some bullet points for you, though:

- Nipple piercings commonly take between a year and a year and a half to fully heal, sometimes longer.
- They're likely to be tender for the first week and then get more comfortable; sleeping in a soft bra to prevent them catching on bedding is a good idea, and be careful with towels!
- Don't move/touch them while they're healing unless you're cleaning them.
- In theory this goes for boyfriends too, but I know that's a long time. Try to keep him off them for at least six weeks.

Also the usual; go to a reputable piercer, make sure the barbells you're pierced with are titanium, make sure the gauge of the bar is 14 (1.6mm), and keep a close eye on them as they heal for signs of migration. Follow good aftercare methods, DON'T change the jewellery too soon - it's probably the most common way people balls up the healing of piercings. Wait AT LEAST six months before changing the jewellery, and you should be fine.
Original post by OhhNo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got mine (only one) done last Sept, didn't hurt that much but throbbed a lot, and was sore for a few days. Hurts like a bitch if you get it caught. Still haven't changed the jewellery cause mine played up a lot (cause it got played with quite a lot pretty soon after I had it done)
It does toughen up though- after a month or so it should be okay to play with gently, and when it's fully healed it can take quite a lot.
With regards to healing I just did saline soaks :smile:
Reply 5
It really varies.

My right one was very painful and took over a year to heal - it still plays up occasionally now and it's 10 years old.

My left was so easy to heal and barely hurt at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd really love to get mine done but I keep debating whether or not if it's worth it. If I do decide to take it out one day I don't want there to be any scarring like me some of my other piercings have left

Quick Reply

Latest