The Student Room Group

Want to change to musical theatre....

Hey,

I've posted before in here but really would love some advice/someone to tell me it'll all be okay!

Right now, due to an injury around application time, I'm studying psychology at university. But I think, no, I know I'd rather be studying musical theatre. That's not to say that I don't enjoy psychology, I love it and I really enjoy the courses I'm doing. It's always been a toss up between psychology and musical theatre though.

Everyone's said to me that there's always the possibility of studying musical theatre as a post graduate in four years time, but I can't seem to find any information about this online - everywhere says I need a relevant degree/a tonne of experience. I was part of a performing arts school for 10 years and have danced for longer, as part of my degree structure at university I'm doing a practical music module (singing). This post is kind of all over the place but any advice/light on the subject would be great!

Taaa
If your passion is for musical theatre - and you certainly have experience in it, which helps - I do think that it's worth looking into a course transfer. My advice would be to speak with your student support team, so that you can have a thorough look at your options. You could also have a chat with the National Careers Service - https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/Pages/default.aspx - as they don't just give advice about careers, but courses as well, and they're very helpful and friendly. I have used them before regarding my studies. You can even chat with them online.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Hi Kerrydouglas,
I'm interested to know where you are studying? My daughter would be interested in a course where she could do a module of singing. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest