The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Adult Nursing - September 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nyash96
hey guys sorry for being so quiet. i hope you all had a good christmas. Katie well done on getting an interview. i hope your interveiw goes well. is that where you want to go ? i have an interview soon after new year and i am soo scared and nervous because it is my first choice. however i just cannot wait to go for the interview and get it over with then i can fnd out if i have a place. i just hope i will be fine.
let me know how your interview goes. :smile:

oh wow good luck, and yes this is the only uni have applied for and want to go to eeekkkk itsscar stuff aint it
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Original post by laura_burgess
Stafford campus was really nice. I was a gibbering nervous sweaty mess but they were nice haha! Well u have the maths test which u need to nail to go through to the group stage and then you have that and a one to one. They make their mind up on the day about you but let you know by email I had mine two days later x

I take it there was loads of waiting around whilst they mrk your mats tst...
my invite to interview says illbe herefr 9 am till 4pm was tat rigt oforyou? just thinking if the dayis that lon ill pass out from nerves and no food lol
Hi Katie. When is your interview?

Well we did the maths test and then had a half hour coffee break whilst they marked and came back for the results then we're split into groups for the group discussion if u passed the maths.... It was so scary but you'll do fab just think positive and believe me you couldn't be as bad as I was haha! And I got a place offered to me yippeeeee so we may be starting together

Got Keele that I am waiting for though and thats been 12 weeks with nothing from them saying anything. X
Hi Katie. When is your interview?

Well we did the maths test and then had a half hour coffee break whilst they marked and came back for the results then we're split into groups for the group discussion if u passed the maths.... It was so scary but you'll do fab just think positive and believe me you couldn't be as bad as I was haha! And I got a place offered to me yippeeeee so we may be starting together

Got Keele that I am waiting for though and thats been 12 weeks with nothing from them saying anything. X

OMG that's amazing super well done hun........fingers crossed I get though to mine I the end of feb xx ..... im really stressing over the maths test
Hey, Im applying to Stafford for Mental Health nursing and have my interview at the end of this month! im so nervous about the maths test as I don't know what to expect, is it hard or easy? is it long? what sort of things would be on it? I guess the test would be the same for all different types of nurses. I've done abit of prep on looking at current issues but I honestly don't know where to start with the maths revision. Any help or advise would be great? xxx
Reply 25
Original post by Carys Morgan
Hey, Im applying to Stafford for Mental Health nursing and have my interview at the end of this month! im so nervous about the maths test as I don't know what to expect, is it hard or easy? is it long? what sort of things would be on it? I guess the test would be the same for all different types of nurses. I've done abit of prep on looking at current issues but I honestly don't know where to start with the maths revision. Any help or advise would be great? xxx

Hi I applied to Staffs but they rejected so I don’t have any idea what their maths questions would be like. However I have an interview to Chester for Adult Nursing and they sent me a link to this website. It’s called Snap NHS.
You could try a demo on: http://legacy.snap-services.org/demo_info.aspx
Or you could sign up on the website to set up your account whereby it shows you your progress. The link for signing up is: http://legacy.snap-services.org/register.aspx
Just try out the questions and see how you fair. But I must say I have been speaking to other people who have gone for nursing interviews to different universities and they have said some universities ask hard questions while others just ask pretty easy questions. So I would also suggest having a look at things like:
· http://www.bcu.ac.uk/nursing-midwifery-and-social-work/students/how-to-apply/sample-numeracy-and-literacy-test
· http://www1.lsbu.ac.uk/hsc/downloads/numeracyTestSampleQuestions.pdf
Just try that and see what you think. I hope this helps. Good Luck with your interview. Let me know how it goes. :smile:
Original post by nyash96
Hi,
I have applied for adult nursing at Staffordshire, but I just got rejected because my “personal statement was inadequate”. so I rang the university to ask why they came to this decision and I was informed that I haven’t shown enough proof of work experience as I have not stated in my personal statement the name of the places where I carried out my work experience. I have only stated that I worked in a residential home for mental health and a gastroenterology ward.
I am just wondering if anybody has had the same experience, or does anybody know if you have to state exactly where you carried out your work experience. I do not know if this is only for Staffordshire. I am now waiting for my other choices to come through. Fingers crossed I hope I get an offer in at least one of my choices.

This worries me! I'm pretty sure I wrote a fair amount about experience but I definitely think there was room for more although I didn't want to ramble. Haven't heard back from any units yet :frown: Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done always good when u come out feeling positive. Fingers crossed you find out soon.

I had a interview invite from Derby uni but have had to decline realistically it's too far for me and I have to be practical about it with children and a husband to think of too (that and staffs have offered me a place so it's a no brainer as it's closer to my home) Keele I am still waiting to hear from its been 11 seeks this week since I put my application in.

X

How long did Derby take to get back to you? This would be my first choice. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nyash96
@NadzWorldz @laura my interview was alright. I actually thought it went well. The maths and English texts were not hard thet were do-able if you get what I mean.
@NadzWorldz have you heard from any other universities yet? @laura have you heard from yiyr other choices ?
Hi sorry for replying late. I have had an interview for the university of Leeds, which didn't go quite well. Wbu??
Original post by Jessie113
How long did Derby take to get back to you? This would be my first choice. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few weeks....but I withdrew from it because logistically too far away...

Well I am officially going to staffs uni in sept to do adult nursing (as long as I get my credits) yippeeee I have selected it as my firm choice yesterday

Exciting stuff
Fab news hun xxx xx

Now tell me what was in the maths test 😂😂😂😂😂oh and what did you do in group interview 😂😂😂😂
A few weeks....but I withdrew from it because logistically too far away...

Well I am officially going to staffs uni in sept to do adult nursing (as long as I get my credits) yippeeee I have selected it as my firm choice yesterday

Exciting stuff
About to have my tea.... haha! Will message I in half hour x
About to have my tea.... haha! Will message I in half hour x
thank you 😙
Original post by katiecake4
thank you 😙

Ooh just noticed your pm....sorry it didn't pop up on my phone.... x
Reply 34
Original post by nadzworldz
Hi sorry for replying late. I have had an interview for the university of Leeds, which didn't go quite well. Wbu??

Its alright do not worry about it. why do feel like your interview did not go well? i wouldnt worry to much. i am sure you will be fine. fingers crossed you will be hearing from them soon. as for me i have an interview to Chester on friday. i am nervous i just hope i will be fine and i am now waiting on edge hill and preston. i just feel like this few months will be the hardest months because its like a waiting game. i will let you know how chester goes.

@laura_burgess
Wel done on Staffs i am so happy for you. am sure you must be excited. :smile:
Stafford campus was really nice. I was a gibbering nervous sweaty mess but they were nice haha! Well u have the maths test which u need to nail to go through to the group stage and then you have that and a one to one. They make their mind up on the day about you but let you know by email I had mine two days later x

Hi Laura! its Fran, the girl who sat with you at the interview! so happy to see you gt a place!! I gt unconditional offer for March 2015 so I will see u there! xx
Original post by fran_wooldridge
Hi Laura! its Fran, the girl who sat with you at the interview! so happy to see you gt a place!! I gt unconditional offer for March 2015 so I will see u there! xx

OMG hello hunnie!! Wow that's amazing well done to you too and yes will definitely see you there. I cannot bloody believe I got a place I was awful! They must of seen the passion in me through the bags of nerves anyway xx
OMG hello hunnie!! Wow that's amazing well done to you too and yes will definitely see you there. I cannot bloody believe I got a place I was awful! They must of seen the passion in me through the bags of nerves anyway xx

haha I personally think our brilliant group discussion swung it in our favours as my interview itself was absolutely awful I thought haha! so excited but gutted im on a different intake to you would of been brilliant if we were together : ( well have to meet up for a coffee tho when we are at uni at same time! x
Original post by fran_wooldridge
haha I personally think our brilliant group discussion swung it in our favours as my interview itself was absolutely awful I thought haha! so excited but gutted im on a different intake to you would of been brilliant if we were together : ( well have to meet up for a coffee tho when we are at uni at same time! x

God you lot were AMAZING in the group interview I think I said like one sentence haha I found it all overwhelming I think the 121 was possibly a bit better for me once I got into it a bit more and relaxed a little bit.

Yes definitely meet up for a coffee don't u think we will be in the same class at all then? You'll have to add me on FB x
God you lot were AMAZING in the group interview I think I said like one sentence haha I found it all overwhelming I think the 121 was possibly a bit better for me once I got into it a bit more and relaxed a little bit.

Yes definitely meet up for a coffee don't u think we will be in the same class at all then? You'll have to add me on FB x

ye definitely, ill trt search u now x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending