The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Adult Nursing - September 2015

Hi,
I have applied for adult nursing at Staffordshire, but I just got rejected because my “personal statement was inadequate”. so I rang the university to ask why they came to this decision and I was informed that I haven’t shown enough proof of work experience as I have not stated in my personal statement the name of the places where I carried out my work experience. I have only stated that I worked in a residential home for mental health and a gastroenterology ward.
I am just wondering if anybody has had the same experience, or does anybody know if you have to state exactly where you carried out your work experience. I do not know if this is only for Staffordshire. I am now waiting for my other choices to come through. Fingers crossed I hope I get an offer in at least one of my choices.

Scroll to see replies

Hi

I have also applied for Staffs.... are you talking about that you got a rejection from staffs for an application you have made for sept 2015 intake? Sorry to hear you were rejected and fingers crossed for you for your other choices.

I have got a interview date for staffs uni but awaiting the other choices at the moment and hoping no news is good news as they say.

I did state where I do my voluntary work at the moment if this helps you with the above question.

Laura x
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
yeah i have applied for september 2015. i m just annoyed that i got rejected, but oh well fingers crossed i will get good news soon.:smile:
Yes fingers crossed for you. How many others did u apply for? I applied for another 2 as I can't travel too far with have two children and a husband to look after ;-) x
Reply 4
I have applied to four more ... Not far from home as I don't want to go too far. :smile:
im so sorry to hear you got rejected...think I best go back through my personal statement again as im abut to submit to UCAS tomorrow whilst in college.
I'm sorry to hear that, I received a rejection from Leeds Beckett today. We are both in the same position and the best we can both do is be patient :smile: Have you asked the uni why you have got rejected. Good luck i'm sure you will be fine :smile:
Reply 7
@Nadzworldz...I rang the university and I asked them why I got rejected. They said it was because I did not include the name of the institutions where I worked. The only reason I did not state the exact name of the institutions was because I was running out of characters. So I only stated that I have worked in a gastreonology ward and a residential home for mental health. So I asked the university if I could send proof but they said no. However, I got an interview from Edgehill on the 15th of December. They were not fussed about the proof of work experience. I hope you will get more offers but don't worry I have been waiting for a long time before Edgehill got back to me. Fingers crossed for you...I hope you will get an offer soon :smile: @Katiecake4 I would suggest you at least include the name of the institutions where you have gained work experience just in case you encounter the same experience.hope that helps :smile:
Thanks nyash96
fingers crossed for you all xxx
Original post by nyash96
@Nadzworldz...I rang the university and I asked them why I got rejected. They said it was because I did not include the name of the institutions where I worked. The only reason I did not state the exact name of the institutions was because I was running out of characters. So I only stated that I have worked in a gastreonology ward and a residential home for mental health. So I asked the university if I could send proof but they said no. However, I got an interview from Edgehill on the 15th of December. They were not fussed about the proof of work experience. I hope you will get more offers but don't worry I have been waiting for a long time before Edgehill got back to me. Fingers crossed for you...I hope you will get an offer soon :smile: @Katiecake4 I would suggest you at least include the name of the institutions where you have gained work experience just in case you encounter the same experience.hope that helps :smile:

Hiya. How did your interview go yesterday? X
Original post by nyash96
Hi, sorry for replying late. That is quite harsh of them to do that:eek:. I'm sorry to hear that and I really hope that your interview has gone well. Good luck:biggrin:
Reply 11
@NadzWorldz @laura my interview was alright. I actually thought it went well. The maths and English texts were not hard thet were do-able if you get what I mean.
@NadzWorldz have you heard from any other universities yet? @laura have you heard from yiyr other choices ?
Reply 12
Original post by katiecake4
Thanks nyash96
fingers crossed for you all xxx

Thank you... You too all the best once you send yiur UCAS off . What universities are you thinking of applying to ?
Original post by nyash96
Thank you... You too all the best once you send yiur UCAS off . What universities are you thinking of applying to ?

Hi ...I only applied to stafford and have been lucky enough to have recived an interview invite xx
what about you How's your process going?
Original post by nyash96
@NadzWorldz @laura my interview was alright. I actually thought it went well. The maths and English texts were not hard thet were do-able if you get what I mean.
@NadzWorldz have you heard from any other universities yet? @laura have you heard from yiyr other choices ?

Well done always good when u come out feeling positive. Fingers crossed you find out soon.

I had a interview invite from Derby uni but have had to decline realistically it's too far for me and I have to be practical about it with children and a husband to think of too (that and staffs have offered me a place so it's a no brainer as it's closer to my home) Keele I am still waiting to hear from its been 11 seeks this week since I put my application in.

X
Hi ...I only applied to stafford and have been lucky enough to have recived an interview invite xx

Well done Katie. Is this for the Stafford campus? When iis your interview? X
Laura yes it is hun and its in feb
what was ur interview like there? And did they tell you on the day if you got offered a place ?
Stafford campus was really nice. I was a gibbering nervous sweaty mess but they were nice haha! Well u have the maths test which u need to nail to go through to the group stage and then you have that and a one to one. They make their mind up on the day about you but let you know by email I had mine two days later x
Reply 18

hey guys sorry for being so quiet. i hope you all had a good christmas. Katie well done on getting an interview. i hope your interveiw goes well. is that where you want to go ? i have an interview soon after new year and i am soo scared and nervous because it is my first choice. however i just cannot wait to go for the interview and get it over with then i can fnd out if i have a place. i just hope i will be fine.
let me know how your interview goes. :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by laura_burgess
Stafford campus was really nice. I was a gibbering nervous sweaty mess but they were nice haha! Well u have the maths test which u need to nail to go through to the group stage and then you have that and a one to one. They make their mind up on the day about you but let you know by email I had mine two days later x

Hey am guessing your interview went well. Well done! Are you waiting for any more offers?
I am still waiting on Edge Hill they sent me a letter saying that they have lots of applications but they are till making a decision. So am just waiting after New Year and see what comes up. :smile: hope you had a good christmas

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending