The Student Room Group

Can't seem to get a girl to save my life....

Title says it all, Not even as if I'm not trying, I strike up the conversations, I make the effort, Nothing... College with over 3700 Females, and I strike out every time....

I like to think I'm a nice guy, Not that bad looking but nothing major either (Can supply evidence if wanted) Decent personality and not just looking for a shag (Although would be nice) Just genuinely want a relationship.

Any Thoughts/ideas/Suggestions.... Starting to get depressing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ryan_Anthony_
Title says it all, Not even as if I'm not trying, I strike up the conversations, I make the effort, Nothing... College with over 3700 Females, and I strike out every time....

I like to think I'm a nice guy, Not that bad looking but nothing major either (Can supply evidence if wanted) Decent personality and not just looking for a shag (Although would be nice) Just genuinely want a relationship.

Any Thoughts/ideas/Suggestions.... Starting to get depressing

Honestly, it's nothing to worry about.
I know how you feel, pm me if you need and I hate it when I hear Honestly, it's nothing to worry about.
I think it's like Jack Sparrow and the sea turtles - you just have to be present and let them get comfortable with you before you bust a move. A stranger saying hello and going in for a conversation can seem very odd. Also, perhaps people are misinterpreting "nice" as "uninteresting"? It can be an easy mistake to make! Definitely try to engage people in something you know they're interested in rather than general small talk (if you're not doing so already).

Anyway, good luck!
Reply 4
You may come across as a little desperate.
A lot of my guy friends have been rejected in the past. You just have to pick yourself up and try again...
Original post by Hachik0
Honestly, it's nothing to worry about.

As much as I appreciate your advice Hachiko, It's not th emost helpful thing in my fight to combat my self doubt...

Original post by Jgco2chem
I know how you feel, pm me if you need and I hate it when I hear Honestly, it's nothing to worry about.

Thanks, I know, just trying to be helpful but feel pretty ****ty at the moment....

Original post by Calpurnia
I think it's like Jack Sparrow and the sea turtles - you just have to be present and let them get comfortable with you before you bust a move. A stranger saying hello and going in for a conversation can seem very odd. Also, perhaps people are misinterpreting "nice" as "uninteresting"? It can be an easy mistake to make! Definitely try to engage people in something you know they're interested in rather than general small talk (if you're not doing so already).

Anyway, good luck!

Ahahahah Great Analogy! I know what you mean, I don't always go straight in for the move and go for a "Get comfortable" approach but that rarely works either.... Dunno, Perhaps I'm just not that interesting/Nice/Okay ish looking.... I know, I find that alot of people interpret me as "Trying to get laid" when It's my personality to be the nice guy.... Some guys have given us a bad name I fear....

Original post by Uw0tm8_
You may come across as a little desperate.

I expect I do, Perhaps I should give up for a while and hope miracles happen! :smile:
Original post by phunky_fresh
A lot of my guy friends have been rejected in the past. You just have to pick yourself up and try again...

Thanks, Nice to know I'm not the only one, Just wish it wasn't so constant, All I have to do is look at a girl and get that look we all know to well (Immense Disgust)
Original post by Calpurnia

Anyway, good luck!

Rope them together with hair from your back? :erm:

That's not how you get girls man :nope:
Thanks, Nice to know I'm not the only one, Just wish it wasn't so constant, All I have to do is look at a girl and get that look we all know to well (Immense Disgust)

What kinda things do you say as conversation starters?
As much as I appreciate your advice Hachiko, It's not th emost helpful thing in my fight to combat my self doubt...

No, but I'm being serious. It's nothing worry about and you shouldn't be so concerned. Yes you may feel like at times you are hitting your head against a brick wall but don't forget, there are plenty of fish in the sea, you just haven't met the right one yet. I know it sounds silly but it's true.
Why do you need a girl to save your life? Are you in danger?
Original post by phunky_fresh
What kinda things do you say as conversation starters?

I use anything, From Just saying hello with a smile to noticing a book she's reading and chatting about it.... Whatever's relevant at the time....
Original post by Hachik0
No, but I'm being serious. It's nothing worry about and you shouldn't be so concerned. Yes you may feel like at times you are hitting your head against a brick wall but don't forget, there are plenty of fish in the sea, you just haven't met the right one yet. I know it sounds silly but it's true.

I know I shouldn't, Dunno just something I think about alot, Wondering whether it's me or not... Feel more like I'm sticking my head through the wall and hitting a steel beam on the other side... I know man I know, Just wondering how many lakes I'm going to have to go through before I get to the sea....

Original post by thunder_chunky
Why do you need a girl to save your life? Are you in danger?

Hahahahah, Should've worded that differently eh :smile:
I use anything, From Just saying hello with a smile to noticing a book she's reading and chatting about it.... Whatever's relevant at the time....

Ignore them. Get jacked. Get girls. Happy days. :top:

Hahahahah, Should've worded that differently eh :smile:

Kudos for being a good sport, have some rep. And as for the topic, try dating sites. Some of them are pretty good and are worth a look-in at least.
Original post by geoking
Ignore them. Get jacked. Get girls. Happy days. :top:

yeah, That's not really who I am. I go to the Gym just don't intend to get stupidly toned.....
yeah, That's not really who I am. I go to the Gym just don't intend to get stupidly toned.....

Why not? It's a good goal to have. Do it for yourself though, no one else. Make your body the best it can be, why settle for second best? :dumbells:
Original post by thunder_chunky
Kudos for being a good sport, have some rep. And as for the topic, try dating sites. Some of them are pretty good and are worth a look-in at least.

Ahah thanks, I liked it, was funny :smile: Suppose that would give me the opportunity's, Probably be a good idea to work out if it's something I'm doing or not and then give it a go....
Original post by geoking
Why not? It's a good goal to have. Do it for yourself though, no one else. Make your body the best it can be, why settle for second best? :dumbells:

Dunno just doesn't impress me, Yeah I've got the definition but I've got no intention to increase the size, I go so I can keep the Definition/Abs etc and not to increase, happy as I am....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending