The Student Room Group

DSA Student Allowance and leaving university

I am considering leaving university and was wondering whether I'd have to give my stuff back or not? I've been given a MacBook (paid £360 towards it), a printer and paper etc. However, I've only been at university for 2 months
Original post by theman1995
I am considering leaving university and was wondering whether I'd have to give my stuff back or not? I've been given a MacBook (paid £360 towards it), a printer and paper etc. However, I've only been at university for 2 months

Hmmm... this is a tricky one. I don't actually know whether you'd have to give the stuff back or not, but I claimed DSA's and I believe that I will be allowed to keep all of my equipment at the end of the university course. :smile:

Another point to consider... when will you be leaving university? If you leave now (i.e. after just 2 months) then it is likely that you might have to give things back (you should be able to keep the macbook though as you paid towards it?) but if you stay there for a full year or so I think you are allowed to keep the lot.

Though I might be wrong - always a good idea to check with someone from SFE.
Why post then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending