The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee University 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mehdi313
I am looking for accommodations at University of Dundee but can’t find any cheap ones. The cheapest accommodation is around £4500 from Sept to june which is around £375 pm.

If you're referring to uni halls - Dundee has the most expensive ones in Scotland, that's just how it is. Private flats are usually much cheaper, even the ones close to uni. If you want to live in halls with other freshers but not cough up the amount that the uni charges, try private ones like The Hub or Keiller Court.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by Sir Fox
If you're referring to uni halls - Dundee has the most expensive ones in Scotland, that's just how it is. Private flats are usually much cheaper, even the ones close to uni. If you want to live in halls with other freshers but not cough up the amount that the uni charges, try private ones like The Hub or Keiller Court.

Thank you!
Is anyone going to the clearing open day this Saturday? :smile:
Hi,

How long does it take for the University of Dundee to accept my clearing choice through UCAS?
The situation is this: They have given me an offer from the entry level 2 of the course I am going to do. However, through UCAS, I have put as my year that I am going to start as Year 1 (I realise that for Scottish students its a 4 year course but for rest of UK its a 3 year course, which is why they do an advanced entry level 2 which is basically starting the 4 year course at its year 2, thus, 3 years in total).

So, my questions are these: 1. How long do they take to accept my clearing choice through UCAS?2. They won’t get the year that I am going to start mixed up are they? Due to the fact that I have put down Year 1 on the UCAS clearing application, but I’m entered for the entry level 2.

I know this is kind of confusing, but ill appreciate it if I have a feedback!

Thanks,
Hello people! Is there anybody in this thread who will be doing English / Film / Creative Writing at Dundee? If so, get in touch with me and I'll gladly add you to the English Society Freshers Group :awesome:

I'm just about to go into my final year, and I'm the Treasurer of the society. We're trying to bring a sense of family to the subject, and will be holding events all-year-round so that people can get to know one another, seek advice, and have fun. We're excited to meet this year's new students.

I hope you guys love Dundee.
Hi! If anyone is still looking for accommodation in Dundee on of my mates has a room in the hub available, it's an ensuite room and only a minute stroll from the uni!! All utilities are paid for and its perfect for and first year!! If anyone's interested Private message me and I'll put you in touch!
Hi,

Need someone to answer my query ASAP if possible,

Do you have to bring the original documents for enrolment? Or can you bring photocopies of them?

(Documents is like GCSE English language certificate, A-level grade sheet since AQA certificates are sent 3 months after results day etc)
Original post by mehdi313
Hi,

Need someone to answer my query ASAP if possible,

Do you have to bring the original documents for enrolment? Or can you bring photocopies of them?

(Documents is like GCSE English language certificate, A-level grade sheet since AQA certificates are sent 3 months after results day etc)

I am bringing my originals (not my A Level certificates though, cause I do not have them yet).
Original post by Airmed
I am bringing my originals (not my A Level certificates though, cause I do not have them yet).

hmm, ahh, ok thanks!
Hey is there anyone on this that will be a first year in law? Or anyone that's a university of Dundee student but staying I. Parker house and willing to chat? X
I start on Monday but have no clue where to go?!? Starting the primary education degree. Slightly concerned!!! Help!!! 😊
Original post by lmelrose
Hey is there anyone on this that will be a first year in law? Or anyone that's a university of Dundee student but staying I. Parker house and willing to chat? X

I'm not studying law but I will be staying in Parker House :smile:
Original post by Rebecca41319
I'm not studying law but I will be staying in Parker House :smile:

Hey! How you finding it? I'm moving in tomorrow a bit nervous don't know anyone there!:frown:
Hey! How you finding it? I'm moving in tomorrow a bit nervous don't know anyone there!:frown:

It's so nice! I haven't really got to know anyone either, I've met a couple of my flatmates but that's it. Which flat are you going to be in?
It's so nice! I haven't really got to know anyone either, I've met a couple of my flatmates but that's it. Which flat are you going to be in?

I'm going to be in 'E1' what about yourself? Are you an abertay or Dundee student?
I'm going to be in 'E1' what about yourself? Are you an abertay or Dundee student?

C05, and I'm a Dundee student :smile:
C05, and I'm a Dundee student :smile:

Ah lucky you seems to be better down that end!
Ah lucky you seems to be better down that end!

Yeah, it's nice! :smile: Have you moved in then?
Yeah, it's nice! :smile: Have you moved in then?

I'm just walking to it now have to park my car miles away! A bit lost haha...
I'm just walking to it now have to park my car miles away! A bit lost haha...

Ah, that's annoying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending