The Student Room Group

*girls only*

Are your periods more painful at certain times of the day?
i just came off the pill and forgot how painful they normally are, but i find i am normally ok till about 2pm in the afternoon, then i am in agony till about 7pm then it is fine again till about 11 then really painful over night. Ive tried the light exercise, having a drink of wate,r getting soemthing to snack on,hot water bottle at these times but nothing reduces the pain, even painkillers don't touch it! :frown: can anyone give any quick fix advice , my boyfriend is coming round to see me in about an hour, and although he is a real sweetie and doesn't mind just looking after me, getting me drinks etc, i don't really want to be in agony and be all miserable and boring, as this is the onyl chance i get to see him this week, and i wanted to sit and watch a movie and have a laugh and play nintendo DS,not just lay in bed grimmacing through the pain!

( I am 19 and yes i still enjoy these childish hang-out dates i think they are the best kind!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah i tend to get really painful times. around midday and in the mornings too. Im on the pil and i still get them really bad, i try anadin and they usually kick in about an hour after u take them it seems. Try using hot water bottles they tend to relax the muscules too.

hope that helps xx
Reply 2
take some paracetamol - it can help, or get a long hot bath. It should ease the pain!!! xxx:smile:
have you tried taking different types of painkillers? paracetamol plus codeine is good and you can take it with ibuprofen i think... (BUT DOUBLE CHECK THAT)!
Reply 4
I not long got my periods back from depo and they are agony mainly in morning and about 5pm excersize dont help me what so ever i just take feminex(sp?) they the only painkillers that work
Reply 5
Yes, they fluctuate randomly. It's normal.
Reply 6
Ginger is a good natural painkiller, so you might want to try some ginger tea, or even better, gingerbread men :biggrin:

In anticipation of this happening again, my next bit of advice would be to go to your doctor and demand some mefenamic acid. One of my friends says it's crap but it really works for me - it's far stronger than paracetamol and Feminax.

I would also recommend a good old fashioned hot bath, feel better soon xx
I find taking Paracetemol, then Ibroprofen about half an hour later helps. And yes, it is more painful at different times, mainly from about 10 am to 2pm for me.
Reply 8
i tend to wake up with a bad stomach ache, then when i start walking around by midday it eases off until night when i unwind again. i've found exercise helps when painkillers don't.
Reply 9
Why did I click? :frown: I was warned, and I still clicked.

I think I'm going to vomit.
RJ89

It's just so tempting :redface:
Its pretty common actually, I know quite a few girls who complain of severe pain from periods. Maybe some codeine if you need it?
RJ89

Grow up its hardly disgusting, you should be old enough to not be like a little kid saying "eeew".
Mine are really bad in the morning but get better through the day. I don't know what to suggest though, normal painkillers work for me.
Reply 14
I'm usually ok during the day, but when I try to settle in at night, pain can start to get bad.
Reply 15
Philosoraptor
Its pretty common actually, I know quite a few girls who complain of severe pain from periods. Maybe some codeine if you need it?

Idiot. if you're going to try and act all cool by answering the question, AT LEAST READ IT PROPERLY FIRST.

Philosoraptor

Grow up its hardly disgusting, you should be old enough to not be like a little kid saying "eeew".

"I don't trust anything that bleeds for a week and doesn't die."
I think most males find it disgusting, perhaps you're a bit fruity.
RJ89
Idiot. if you're going to try and act all cool by answering the question, AT LEAST READ IT PROPERLY FIRST.

"I don't trust anything that bleeds for a week and doesn't die."
I think most males find it disgusting, perhaps you're a bit fruity.

no seriously grow up
is that how you're going to act if you ever find a girlfriend?
why did you look at this thread let alone post on it?
Reply 17
No, seriously, everyone thinks it's disgusting.

I clicked this thread because I was told not to.
Reply 18
gem_77
no seriously grow up
is that how you're going to act if you ever find a girlfriend?
why did you look at this thread let alone post on it?

:ditto:
Reply 19
RJ89
No, seriously, everyone thinks it's disgusting.

I clicked this thread because I was told not to.

Whats disgusting about it:confused:
Its nature
next will you be saying the word S-E-X is disgusting?

Latest

Trending

Trending